Chapter 17

It was our first night at the new house, everything was already there and it was absolutely beautiful, I still had a balcony that was twice the size of the other house. Spike was kind enough to add another room onto the house for my library/office free-of-charge.

I dedcided I would go to the lake and just relax and look at the stars. I didn't expect to see Spike sitting on a rock skipping pebbles, so I went over and sat down next to him.

"Dude, you took my spot." I said grabbing a pebble and skipping it, he just laughs.

"Sorry, I was just thinking.." He trailed off, I started remembering all the times I was sitting where he was just thinking.

"Yeah, this is a good place for that." I said looking out into the lake, he looked at me giving a curious look. "Why do you think I picked this place to move here? I mean their's no doubt that other wolves come here to think. I won't mind that If they come here, because I wouldn't blame them If they did." 

He nodded just looking into the lake and kicking the water, I haven't known Spike for long but I doubt he's ever like this..

I remember Lexi telling me she was suspicious about the way Spike looks at Gabrielle, but I also remember her telling me she felt bad 'cause she thought that way.

"Is this about Lexi? or Gabrielle?" I asked slowly, He stopped all movement and just looked at me.

"M-Maybe I should tell you?" It came out more of a question than a statement, I nodded for him to continue.

"Here it goes.. A couple years ago, when you were still there I think, I had to go into your old pack's territory for a meeting because the rogues were getting stronger. When we were in the meeting room I looked over at Gabrielle and I just felt like electricity was running through me and we didn't take our eyes off each other till she looked away.." He looked over at me with a face full of sadness and guilt.

"She's your mate.." He nodded slowly, but I was just looking at him.

"Anyway, I went to find her after the meeting but she pulled me into a closet and her exact words were 'I Gabrielle Crysteal reject you, Spike Johansson.' " He said shakily. "Then she walked out and  I was just heartbroken. I had no idea that she was your sister or that the Alpha was your mate, I never would've gotten involved with Lexi If I knew but Lexi is just.. perfect." He said the last part smiling.

We sat there in silence for awhile as I tried to process this new information, He started skipping rocks again and I was looking up at the sky.

"Are you going to tell her? Or should I?" I asked looking over at him, he tensed up.

"I-I'll tell her, When I think she is ready.." He said slowly, as if still deciding.

"The Alpha rejected me because I wasn't pretty and I was a 'cow'. That's how I became how I am, tough but b!tchy and that's how I lost most of my care in the world except for when It comes to Lexi and now Hannah. Lexi has a good and kind soul Spike, It may be different because you're not her mate but it's still heartbroken. Don't make Lexi become like me." I said looking at him, he looked shocked but then smiled.

"I won't, If I do then there will be two Xena: Warrior Princess's and I'd be screwed." We both laughed at that, then we got up and dusted ourselves off.

"Go home Spike, I'm tired." He shook my hand and then transformed back into a wolf and ran in the direction of his territory. I walked back to the house and locked up I put shudders on the windows because If I know rogues, which I do, they love crashing through the windows.

I sat in bed that night deciding on if I should tell Lexi about Spike and Gabrielle, or If I should let Spike tell her in his own time? I decided on the second one.. Plus, Lexi doesn't stay mad at me for long..

Hey guys! So, What did you think of the little twist in the story? Plus, Jamie? Having a heart-to-heart with Spike? Pssh! Doesn't happen everyday! 

HOPE YOU LIKED IT