Chapter 8

Uhoh, Had he heard me? Of course he heard me! Thinking out loud. Good job Jamie, Good job.

He cautiously approached me as if i'd run away.. which I probably would, after I kick him in his family jewels but that's besides the point.

"What are you doing here Darius? I don't want you here, besides. Don't you have Gabrielle to attend too?" I glared at him watching him flinch.

"No, not anymore. She broke things off with me, something about me coming to you since you're my true mate and expressing how I feel." He rolled his eyes and I had a strong urge to slap him across the face. I sighed resting myself on the railing of the balcony,

"You still haven't answered my question Darius." I said not believing him, I mean why now? After him rejecting me and kicking me out at the same time? Why is he here? He can't possibly care.. Could he?..

"I did, and I do." Wait what? Oh no, I thought out loud again..

"Did I-" starting to blush

"Yupp" he said popping the 'p' and sticking his hands in his pockets, Which was really hot I wonder- What am I saying?!

"Nevermind that doesn't matter now," I said fustrated and suddenly way more tired than I was before.

"Yes, It does."

"No, It really doesn't I'm over the whole mate thing." I lied, obviously.

"I highly doubt that." He smirked.

"Good job, You keep thinking that." I said sarcastically, I started to yawn and so did he since it's 'contagious' and everything.

"I'm tired, Sleep with me?" WOAH! Wait what?! Ew. Well actually- No! stop thinking that way self! We don't like him he's a jerk and a player.

"Excuse me?!" I was kinda shocked he would ask that I mean seriously, be upfront about it why don't you.

"Huh? Oh no! Not like that!" he laughed nervously, This conversation was really awkward and tiring and I'm starting to get really sleepy. "I mean, You know... Lay down with me? In the same bed? Or in the same room? I mean- I mean If you don't want too I understand It was just h-hard after you went away and I never got a decent night's sleep, But if you don't that's cool too.." he scratched the back of his head.

Aww, he was cute when he went on and on like that! His muscle flexed when he scratched the back of his head too, I wonder how the rest of his muscles feel- Oh my g0d! *Mentally slaps forehead*

I was too lost in thought to realise he was walking away off of the balcony through the double doors, into my room and about to go down the stairs looking completely defeated. Hmm, maybe I could allow him to stay but only one night! Yeah, one night only! After all, he could kick Lexi and I out, but Lexi loves it here..

'Keep telling yourself that! He's our mate and we are falling for him all over again, forgive and forget! The lesson of life, think woman!' My wolf popped into my head and I just rolled my eyes, running up to Darius.

"Wait!" I grabbed ahold of his arm pulling him to me "I'll sleep- Lay down, with you. Tonight only though." He just smiled like a kid in the candy shop,

"Okay, come!" He started taking me down the stairs towards the door, Uh, hello? don't we usually sleep inside?

"Um, Darius? where are we going?" I asked, this was starting to get annoying and I was tired and -even though I hate to admit it- eager to 'lay down' and fall asleep next to my mate.

"My room?" He stated/asked as if it was the only place in the world but I just shook my head. 

"No, I'm not leaving Lexi her by herself. She'll freak if I'm gone and before you say anything I like to watch over her, not anybody else. They simply haven't earned it yet." I said a matter of factly. Our hands were still holding and I tried my best to ignore the cold feeling I got when he pulled away.

"Okay.. You really care about her huh?" He asked, Isn't it obvious?

"Yes, she's the only family I have.." By the look on his face I can tell he wanted to object to that but he didn't, which I was thankful for.

"I'll let Jack know. About me staying here, not the family remark!" He got worried thinking I was thinking he was communicating with Jack because I said Lexi was my only family, Jeez he's a worry wart.

He stared off at nothing opening the mind link before closing it. "Okay, he understands," Darius said.

"Good," I said pulling him up to my room and closing my door then pulling back the covers to my queen size bed as I got in. I scooted as far from him as possible watching out of the corner of my eye as he took off his shirt, even though my wolf had this urge to pull him closer and just pounce him.

"He's pissed though that I had to wake him up, be prepared for Jack's wrath tomorow." he warned climbing into bed and I scoffed.

"Jack? Please! I can handle Jack." I stated.

"He probably wouldn't put up much of a fight anyway considering how I'd probably kill him if he touched you." he said sleepily, Aww how sweet I thought.

I felt him shifting on the bed and I felt me being pulled by my waiste to him and his member pressed against me, somebody was too excited. I wanted to move but it was too comfy so I decided against it. 

"Goodnight Jamie." He whispered in my ear causing an involuntary shiver to crawl up my spine.

"Goodnight Darius." I yawned as I let sleep consume me, he whispered something to me at the last second but I didn't catch it.