Chapter 34

(Flashback)

As I pulled up to the house with Hannah in the backseat buckled into her carseat with what seemed like a thousand seperate buckles, The legal age limit for children out of their carseats is seven. Come to think of it.. I don't remember ever being in a carseat when I was younger, huh, oh well. Anyway, as I pulled up I saw Darius's truck behind me. I got excited and happy inside seeing Jack getting out of the truck and approaching me in the rearview mirror, I shifted the car into park and got out. 

"Hannah, Can you help me carry these-" but before I could finish and get around to her side and unbuckle her, Jack had her out of the car and wedding dresses in hand. I smiled inwardly at his lovingness with her and gestured to the house.

Hannah ran ahead of us eager to get inside and play with her cars. Yes, cars; Hannah was a girly-girl and a tomboy.. she had her moments. She dressed like a princess but was constanly holding a toy car or tractor in her cute little hands. As I turned to look at Jack I noticed a longing in him as he looked at Hannah; now I have been told that I'm innocent and clueless, this time im inclined to agree with that because I just noticed that in that moment.. Jack had a want for the same thing I did, a little girl.

(End of Flashback)

"Everytime I say something about my passionate love-life you question me like I just raided the state capital, now, in this moment, I'm questioning you and you aren't telling me what happened other than -and I quote- 'It was nice.' " Jamie made air quotes with her fingers and lifted an eyebrow. I wish I could do that! I wanna know how to lift my eyebrow.. No fair.

"Yupp, that about sums it up." I smiled my adorable smile that always gets her to stop asking questions.

"Oy." she exhaled as she stood up. "So, how much longer until this incredibly stupidly fast wedding takes place?" 

JAMIE'S POV

"Um, Let me-" Lexi stopped mid-sentence as we heard the door bell, We glanced at eachother and then in the direction of the back door that was in the kitchen. I knew it wasn't Hannah because she was still spying on us, other than that you don't come knocking on a door at midnight.

"Stay.." I said walking to the back door, Lexi grabbed Hannah and sat on a step on the stairs.I approached the door, opening it fast so I could get the jump on whoever it was, good or bad. I was realived to see Jack..yet, annoyed.

"Oh, it's you." I smirked as I slammed the door in his face and chuckled silently to myself. 

"What was it?" Lexi asked, her voice laced with concern and worry.

"The devil, he came to ruin our lives-" I sighed mid-sentence as Jack came walking in with a non-too-pleasent look on his face directed at me, Lexi gave me the same thing. "-Oh, what do you know it's Jack! Sorry, I couldn't tell the difference." I smirked.

"Haha, you're hilarious. So how about I drag you out of here Lexi?" he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at her, she blushed.. I gagged.

"Excuse me?" I asked suddenly worried about Lexi's health. "I bet, 'It was nice' " I gave Lexi a knowing look, quoting her from earlier.

"It's not like that, I was just kidding! I couldn't sleep." Jack swore with his hands up in surrender actually looking quite scared. 

"Oh, I was just kidding bro!" I pulled my best smile. "Well, go if you guys are gonna go! I'm tired." I suddenly felt exhausted. 

"Are you sure?" Lexi asked regarding me with worry. 

"Positive." I promised, I mean don't get me wrong. Jack is okay now and all and I have no doubt about him being able to protect her, Darius was right though. I will never forget what he and the pack did to me.

There was an awkward silence as Lexi was upstairs packing an over-night bag, It used to be so easy talking to my brother when we were in elementary school. Now.. things obviously have changed and I find my self either having nothing to say to him, or choosing not to say anything at all. 

I was sitting in a recliner and he was sitting in a loveseat across from me. I had my arms folded across my chest with my legs crossed and he had his the same way, but more manly.

"You've been here for awhile now, I'm surprised you haven't ran away." He laughed humorlessly, just trying to make conversation.

"If it was possible I would have, I deffinately wanted too." I looked down at my lap and started playing with a loose peace of fabric.

"And now?" He asked. My head jerked up, I didn't expect a sentimental question to come from him. Jack always reminded me of those idiotic football players you see in movies, walking around drinking alcohol at parties and crashing into poles.

I didn't know how to answer, I knew I was staying, it was obvious. I'm just not sure if anything positive will come from it. Luckily, I didn't have to answer; Lexi came strolling down the stairs with a huge bag around her arm.

"Moving out?" I joked. I took her bag and gave it to Jack "Be a man and hold this." I said while swinging it at him. He caught it easily.

"No" Lexi chuckled and offered to take her bag back. Jack 'being a man' said he got it.

"So we are leaving, You're not gonna hit me are you?" he asked cautiously, Lexi was walking to Darius's truck by now. Apparently, they share it. Why, I don't know.

"Nope." I said leading him to the door. He looked back at me, to see if I was gonna hit him. I didn't make eye contact with him and waved bye to Lexi.

"I'm not gunna hit you" I said through my teeth "But If she's not here by breakfast, I'll make it so I don't have nieces and nephews with your genes." I finished waving and smiled like nothing happened. 

"Bye" I said nicely and closed the door, locking it. "Hannah! Get to bed!" I yelled up to her room.

"Aw man!" I heard her call out.

Hope you liked it! :3 I updated! Don't hate me! <3 lol