Chapter 23

JAMIE'S P.O.V

((A/N: Before Spike and Gabrielle's..You know. ))

"Lexi, I'm gonna kill him!" I yelled, extremely pissed.

Lexi was in the door way in deep thought but somewhat scared, not of me right?

"Lexi!.. Did I scare you?" I asked mainly concerned, putting my hands on her arms and shaking her gently.

"I'm worried.." she said in deep thought with a far away look.

"Of me killing Jack? Oh don't worry I'll make it quick!" I told her in my best sarcastic voice. Huh, maybe killing Jack wouldn't be such a bad idea... hey, now that I think of it he has been asking for it lately-

"No," Lexi chuckled humorlessly interrupting my thoughts "bout' Spike" she whispered sitting down.

Spike? I thought leaning against the wall with my arms folded, Spike wouldn't do anything bad I didn't read him wrong and I'm good at reading people you can tell alot about a person by the way they act. 

"What do you mean? Spike is trustworthy, I mean in the little time we have known him he has been good to us. He has brought us this beautiful house and he has helped us financially because trust me my job? not good pay." I told her "And he is dam sure more trustworthy than my brother who thinks he can use my sister slash best friend that way."

Lexi looked at me defeated but not completely convinced, I walked over and kneeled in front of her taking her hands. I could see pain and hurt in her eyes but I don't know what is hurting her but Im going to find out.

"Come on, stand up." I said pulling her to her feet. "We are gonna go to the pack house so I can confront that ex-brother of mine." I said dragging her out the door.

"Wait!" she stopped, "We need to take Hannah!" she said

"Lexi, Hannah has been taking care of herself since we moved here but you're too much of a worry wart to notice that she bathes herself, dresses herself and feeds herself whenever she pleases." I told her dragging her along and yelling at Hannah to stay in the house.

"Wait? I thought you did?" She said walking along, 

"Honestly Lexi do I look like the mothering type?" I asked side glancing at her.

"You were like my mother when we left the pack house the first time." She told me with her smart alic voice.

"You were older and not a little baby." I said picking up the pace.

"Well she likes you so you must have done something!" she said struggling to catch up.

"Yea, I save her from you giving her a second bath!" I laughed running to the pack house.

HEY GUYS! I'm back! I know this is short but I wanted to put some humor into it I hope you like it!!