3: Wounds

[A/N: There are some scenes in this chapter that may trigger you, you can skip some paras from 🔞this sign.]

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Five years later. Toronto, Canada, 

  "Jeon Jungkook," A blonde boy in his mid-twenties came with two drinks, offered one to the addressed person, who denied with a shrug, so he drained them both, one right after the other, then dropped the empty glasses on the counter with a thud and looked at him, "See, I know your name. And something about you that makes you more attractive." 

  "Was it difficult to search for my name and things in my old files, Mister," Jungkook pronounced each word separately, "Jung Ho Seok?"

  "Woah!" A wide-eyed blinkless stare, "I thought I was the only one interested in you. Our feelings seem mutual, huh?" The blonde's lips stretched in a mischievous smirk when he popped open two front buttons of his dress shirt. Lowering his tone he said, "Uhmm, my room is a bit messy tonight. We could get it done in your room. We could discover many things about each other. Habits. Kinks…" He had no control on his tongue, his mother used to tell this countless times. He actually tried to sound cool, but realized he overplayed it when a punch, like a boulder, landed right beside his jaw, making him taste metallic in his mouth. "The fuck!" He jerked his head towards the person who was still holding the punch in the air. "Dude, you're homophobic!" 

  "Was it written on my old files too?" Jungkook pulled his hand back, but kept his gaze lingered on him. "Wipe off the drool, your face is looking messier than your room right now. I guess." 

  Hoseok groaned, wiped the back of his hand across the corner of his mouth. "You know," Took a second before speaking, "Just because my rank is lower than yours, you can't treat me like this. If I wanted I could have returned the favour with added ten percent interest. But I'm a nice guy, I know how to respect seniors." 

  Jungkook's eyes narrowed at the affronted expression on his face. "Showing unnecessary curiosity on someone who you don't know is not cool. Whether he's a senior or the person working under you." 

  "Taking the advice, although I'm not feeling like saying sorry after this." The smug smile returned on the blonde's face as he redid his buttons. "But I can offer you a drink, if you say yes." He winked at him.

  "I don't drink in an open bar, also, my job for tonight isn't over yet." Jungkook cupped his hand around the glass of water sitting beside and gulped it till its last drop.  

  It was one of the few boring bars of Lakeshore, Toronto; there weren't many stools to sit on, the owner was the bartender, who served only a few selected drinks. Nevertheless this place had become Jungkook's second favourite in Toronto after his little house in the Beaches, which he bought last year with all his savings. 

  He put down the glass carefully on the counter shoving a hundred CAD notes underneath and got up.  "See you, anyway." He waved his hand over his head, eyes on the exit but halted his forward momentum when being called from behind. 

  "Hey Jkay," Hoseok asked, low and gentle, "As long as we're working under the same organization and from the same country, we could get along, right?"  Jungkook turned with a frown. Before he could reply, Hoseok added, "Apart from babysitting the boss's daughter, I don't have anything else to do here, or have friends to talk with because my English kinda sucks. So I was wondering if we could- be- like- friends?" The corner of his mouth lifted and he waited for him to say something. 

  'I don’t need any more people in my life.' It was in Jungkook's mouth but didn't say it aloud. The word 'friend' was making him a bit uncomfortable. Strangers are better than friends—that's what he believed. Also, he found him a bit clingy— an outsider, who seemed like a trouble, sneak-peeking inside his closed book was annoying. So he shrugged his shoulders and said, "Sorry, I don't find you attractive enough."