13: Painfully sweet

That night… .. 12:15 am. 

  A knock at the door. Taegyung snapped awake. It was dark for a moment. Could only hear the low groaning of the engine and the howling winds outside this cozy cabin. He found his voice when the door clicked open. "Who?"

  "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Jungkook said holding the door open, then closing it he came over and stood right in front of Taegyung. "Were you having a nightmare?" He said noticing the sweat in his forehead 

  Taehyung covered his mouth as a yawn hit him. The last time he remembered the ship they were in was delightfully floating in the middle of the Erie Canal in Mohawk River.  After dinner when Jungkook asked him to get ready for a walk around the open deck because the ship wasn't big, it wouldn't take much time, they could watch the beauty of the bright moon and the clouds overlapping it, glittering waves and the simultaneously unchanging scenery, he refused. Actually feeling a little seasick; not accustomed to a moving floor and also very tired of the whole day's rush. 

  That's why Jungkook had let him take a rest and went out alone. 

  "I can't remember now," Taehyung replied slowly. "No nightmares can be as scary as my life."

  Jungkook saw him sigh so he didn't push it more. Bending his body slightly, he slipped his arms around his waist and hugged him warmly. "Don't worry. The ship is taking the nearest route to the St. Lawrence Seaway and we'll probably reach it by afternoon tomorrow." 

  Taehyung wasn't worrying anymore. The crew in that ship didn't know them. Only the owner, a tall dark middle aged man, was Jungkook's friend. He didn't seem like a bad guy to him. Everything was fine. But a tiny live wire was still vibrating somewhere in him, "This won't happen if we'd never meet again. I'm even ashamed to admit my greed for you is destroying your peace. You too are in trouble because of me and I can't do anything. Pretty pathetic, ain't I?"

  "Hey," Jungkook pulled back, frowning, looking deep into his eyes, which were wracked with anxiety. He kissed them. One after another, and waited until Taehyung opened his lids again, "You're not the only one greedy here. I too can do anything to be with you." 

  Taehyung's eyebrows rose hopefully, "Are you going back to Seoul with me?" 

  "To get arrested?" Jungkook laughed subtly. Then pulled him up in his chest and took him to the immobile sofa at the corner of that room. There was enough space besides still he did settle his boyfriend over his lap. Holding him securely in his arms to prevent him from slipping down. Taehyung was still wearing the question so he said, "I could go back with you if Elijah wouldn't be in my life. Taking care of that child has become my sole purpose of living now. So I can't take the risk of getting arrested and thrown into prison for God knows how many years." 

  He understood. "Then?"

  "I'm going to Italy after seeing you off from New York." 

  Taehyung remained silent for a moment. Savouring the sweet moment of togetherness with an ache in his heart.  "I will come to see you. Though that won't be happening soon."

  "I know. I'll be waiting for that day." Jungkook said quietly.

  "So we've only tonight for us?" Taehyung spoke after a long pause like he'd just realised. 

  "Uhm." Jungkook pulled him farther closer, "Wanna cuddle?" 

  "Let's do it." He replied quickly. Too quickly.

  Jungkook smiled warmly and kissed his lips, so lightly, as if pressing his lips to a blooming daisy he might accidentally scatter. Taehyung held his head before he'd pulled back and deepened the kiss, desperately, losing himself in him.