9: Down for you

A knock and the knob turned slowly on the door. Taehyung craned his head up, blinking at Jungkook when he emerged through it. 

  He was sitting at the edge of the bed which dominated one side of the room. One hand over his lap, the other resting over the expensive sheet piled with silk cushions and fatherly soft pillows. The walls were painted in mauve and white. Two big windows with curtains reached the ceiling. Luxury everywhere but the discomfort wasn't leaving his expression. 

  Apart from being overly decorated the room he was given to stay in was on the top floor. He noticed that in the elevator. So there was no way he could jump out of the window. Even if he could, the security was tight outside the building. 

  He was trapped in every way. 

  And when he saw Jungkook, all the day's frustration flared up in his eyes. "Are you here to see how pathetic I am right now?"

  Jungkook halted before the plush carpet Taehyung had his toes on. Said, with concern pictured on his face,  "Are you okay?" 

 "Am I looking okay? Are you mocking me?" Taehyung rebuked. 

  "Dang Tae! He's just asking you." Seokjin protested. Just a moment ago the manager was on the phone with Namjoon. Unwillingly he'd told him they were in Jennie's house and Taehyung would take a couple of days leave because of his sudden sickness. Apparently he couldn't tell him all the details as they were already informed their phone calls were being tracked, so it was better not doing anyyhing stupid to grab more of these gangsters' attention. 

  When Jungkook turned and met his eyes, his expression tightened slightly. "This wouldn't be happening if you'd told me about your arrival in Canada. I'd talk with my boss and come up with an excuse."

  Seokjin's eyebrows shot up, and he snorted. "Now it's my fault not to know your phone number?"

  "You knew my address. You could send mail." Said Jungkook. 

  "I feared that it would reach your boss before you. He looks scary, gosh!" Seokjin shrugged, shaking his head. "It's not even a day here and I'm already feeling brain damaged. How do you manage to stay with him all day?"

  "That's totally out of the topic-"

  "Wait, wait a sec," Instantly on his feet, Taehyung exclaimed to both of them. When they looked at him he said pointing his finger at them, "You two know each other!"  In the response Seokjin only nodded his head. Taehyung held on to a curse word. "How? I mean how long?" 

  Seokjin grinned, "That's quite long, babe."

  "Spill already. I don't like suspense, you know that." Taehyung muttered, glancing at Jungkook. 

  "Calm down." The manager held him by his shoulders and lightly pushed them to sit where he was a moment ago. "I'll tell you everything but this is not the right time. First thing first." Pointing at Jungkook, "Ask him what to do now."

  "What do you mean by asking him what to do?" He still couldn't believe it. "I'd never trust a sociopath who'd smile and laugh with people before jamming a knife into their back. " 

  Jungkook's fingers curled into helpless fists, lips pressed together. 

  "Hey, don't say this." Seokjin told him, "Jungkook was and always will be your well wisher. If he hadn't shot you that day the police would have gone after you and what if you couldn't prove your innocence and were sent to the bars for God knows how long! Everything he'd planned for you would be destroyed. Your dreams would be destroyed, dear." His grip on his shoulder loosened when Taehyung jerked it back. "Please siding your ego just think why didn't he fire the bullets right into your skull or heart? If he intended to kill you, he wouldn't stop by making just a scratch on your side, no?"