Chapter 5

Sol System, Earth, London, UK.

Admiral Steven Hackett is going over the report Commander Williams presented to him. After Shepard's escape, he went to the Prime Minister to update him on the events of the past few weeks, and for the most part, it's not going well. Shepard and two others are making the Alliance look like fools.

Now he is trying to figure out Shepard's next move, what she has planned. For the most part, she is targeting main Alliance locations and dealing with development using Reaper tech, but this could easily change as long as Phoenix is involved. Where is Shepard going to strike next?

"Admiral, the Prime Minister wants to have a word with you, sir," Hackett's intercom chirps. Hackett reaches over to the controls of his computer, and the Prime Minister appears - a middle-aged man with streaks of grey present.

"Admiral, are you any closer to finding Shepard?" asked the Prime Minister.

"Not yet, sir. Shepard has covered her tracks well, and with Phoenix involved, it will be damn near impossible," answered Hackett as the live vid of the Alliance Prime Minister became vivid.

"Admiral, I don't care what it takes or what it costs, find her and end her. I will not allow this mistake to cost the Alliance any more lives," the PM ordered as Hackett became unnerved.

"She is not a mistake, sir. She is not a lost cause yet," Hackett protested as the PM became angrier.

"That was not a suggestion, Admiral!"

"If you did not want this mess, you should never have betrayed the savior of the galaxy the way you did," Hackett stated as the PM screen went blank instead of replying to Hackett.