Chapter 10

Armstrong Cluster, Alliance Space, SSV Enterprise.

Shepard made her way to the hangar to gear up before she stormed the Alliance base. She was armored in her N7 engineer armor and wearing sunglasses with the HUD. As she arrived at the hangar, she moved to her weapons locker. Recently Phoenix had dropped off new, more advanced weapons using the new Magazine Thermal Clip System. Shepard opened the locker and took out a rifle that looked like an old H&K MK 17 SCAR and her pistol, the USP variant. The only drawback to them was that they couldn't fold up into a block, but they could unleash a hailstorm of projectiles in a matter of seconds compared to the Alliance weapons.

As Shepard moved to the Shuttle, she eyed Sara who was overlooking her rifle. Her old friend had decided to stay, and this made Shepard smile a little. Next to Sara were Aubree and Jack.

"Glad you decided to stay, Sar," stated Shepard as she entered the Shuttle with her team.

"Do you really think I'm going to let you do this on your own, Shep?" answered Sara as she followed Shepard into the shuttle as it started to lift off the deck of the Enterprise. As the Shuttle moved closer to the Alliance base, Alliance flak started to darken the sky.

"All right, guys, we are 5 miles from the objective. We were just supposed to pick up data but... Intel has pinpointed the Reaper husk known as Harbinger. Our mission is to retrieve it from Alliance hands. Eight dreadnoughts are standing by to lift it, and two more as escort. Kill all in your way, leave none alive," Shepard stated as the Shuttle shook violently and landed. The door to the shuttle opened, and more Phoenix shuttles unloaded their troopers as the Alliance forces fired back at them, expelling thermal clips. Phoenix operators may be ejecting clips, but many have yet to change magazines.

"Commander! Alliance Forces have the front gate heavily defended!" screamed a Phoenix officer.

"Enterprise, drop ordnance directly in front of me!" ordered Shepard as a widow crack was heard as an Alliance officer dropped.

"Commander, too much interference, we need you to paint target!" updated Katherine as Shepard motioned for an Operative to point a laser designator at the target. After a few moments, two rockets whizzed by Shepard and slammed into the main gate, wiping out the defenders. With that, Shepard ordered the assault team to move forward. As they moved, Shepard and her team moved to another part of the base. As they opened the door, they moved up the stairs, shooting their way up the building to the control room. As they moved to the outer door of the control room, Sara, Aubree, and Jack stacked up as Shepard placed a breaching charge on the door.

"Ready?" asked Shepard as her team nodded. With that, Shepard detonated the charge. As the door flew open, Aubree and Jack rushed in and quickly dispatched those inside the control room with a few trigger pulls.

"This is Shepard. Did you find Harbinger yet?" asked Shepard to the Phoenix officer.

"Yes, Commander, we are prepping the husk now, ma'am," answered the officer as the Enterprise chimed in.

"Shepard, the Normandy just arrived and has dispatched a shuttle to the base."

"That took longer than expected," whispered Shepard as she looked at her team. "This is Shepard. An Alliance shuttle is inbound. Do not fire at it until it hits dirtside," ordered Shepard as she moved over to the command console and made a few button presses. The roof of the hangar opened.

"You guys get going. I will stay behind and finish the plan," ordered Shepard as her team hesitated. "I said go, that's an order!" Shepard screamed as her team saluted and made their way out the back door.

By this time, Shepard could hear gunfire from the hallway they had entered.

"Is Harbinger away?" asked Shepard.

"Yes, Commander... Good luck," answered Sara as the com link was cut. The sound of gunfire could be heard much closer now. Shepard sat on a table, waiting for her former crew to come pick her up. Within a few moments, Ashley, James, and Garrus burst through the door.

"What took..." Shepard couldn't finish her statement as James grabbed her by the straps of her armor and slammed her to the ground, then lifted her into the large window, which cracked. Then James threw her through the window of the control room. Shepard landed on a second roof only 10 feet down from the control room. Shepard was not moving after the display James had just shown. Ashley moved over to the window and scanned Shepard.

"Good, she's still alive," stated Ashley as Garrus sighed a sigh of relief. "This is Commander Williams. We have Shepard in custody. Be advised, Phoenix has taken the Reaper known as Harbinger," stated Ashley as she motioned for an Alliance soldier to retrieve Shepard.