Chapter 1

Did some simple editing mostly time scale after the war before current events
——
"Are you sure you want to do this?" asked the human officer as she looked at another human in N7 engineer armor, looking out a window to a starship; a replica of a ship she used to know.

"Yes...after everything I have done for them...they left me to die and when I came back, the Alliance basically put me in a box, sealed me away and only to break in case of emergency. No, I will make them pay for this," the female stated, as the officer just eyed the human.

"Can I ask?" asked the officer, as the other officer eyed him and nodded. "What happened to you, Commander?"

"The Commander you knew roughly four years ago died when the Alliance left her to rot," answered Shepard, as she continued to look at the new ship. "What is the name of this ship?" she asked.

"Enterprise, or whatever you choose, Commander."

"Yes, that's a good name. Prepare the Enterprise for departure, program it to the nearest Alliance base," ordered Shepard.

"Why are we going to an Alliance base, Commander?" asked the officer.

"We're going to burn it to the ground," answered a smiling Shepard.

Aboard the SSV Enterprise

Shepard walked through the airlock of her new ship, admiring how this ship reminded her of the Normandy. The Normandy was her first command of a ship, and since then, it had been taken from her. As she moved around the CIC, everything came back as if it was only yesterday when she was fighting the Reapers.

Six months in a coma; at least this time, her friends and lover knew she was alive. Two weeks after the Reapers were destroyed, the Alliance declared me dead. Two days later, the organization known as Phoenix found me. By this time, the Alliance had moved on. It was better for the Alliance to believe I was dead. Since I was in a coma, they declared me dead and when I woke up 1 ½ years ago, everything changed. Even though I was awake now, the Alliance thought it was better if I remained officially "dead," or better yet, Killed in Action fighting the Reapers.

They took everything from me, everything I owned, including the man I love, Garrus Vakarian. I was not allowed to be with him for long periods of time, and not allowed to marry him. I could have cared less about what they were doing to me when they put me in an apartment in the middle of nowhere Texas, but to not be able to be with him was unbearable. They took him away from me.

They stole the life I was supposed to have. I gave them everything, and I was rewarded by the Alliance with betrayal. Officially dead, unofficially retired, living in seclusion away from the world and galaxy I fought to save. When my friends came to visit, I could tell they knew I was not the same person. I was colder, much colder. I always supported the Alliance, even in the small things, like sporting the logo almost everywhere, but now no one could find a hint of it anywhere. They could tell I no longer supported the Alliance.

In the past three months, I had been secretly talking to Phoenix, a separate arm of Cerberus, working for the goal of preserving and advancing Earth by anyone who called it home; regardless of race. During these months, they helped me, and I even devised a plan to get back at the Alliance. Luckily, Phoenix saw the Alliance as a roadblock to protecting Earth. My plan was simple: I will take everything the Alliance holds most dear and crush it, just like they did to me. They took the life I was supposed to live, and I will do the same to them.

As Shepard walked the halls of her new ship, she recalled the life she once lived, remembering the good and the bad times aboard her old ship. As she walked the halls, she was escorted around the ship, with someone explaining to her the different areas of the ship, some new and some old. She felt at home despite the fact that this was not the Normandy. As Shepard moved into the cabin, a flood of memories of times on the Normandy with Tali, James, Ash, and Garrus stopped her dead in her tracks.