Chapter 11

The ride to my grandpa's house didn't take long which I was thankful for. I needed space from the boys and the new attitudes they had a developed in the days I had been asleep. I understand where they are coming from and that they are just scared of losing me, but what just happened at the beach was uncalled for. I got off of Paul's bike as soon as it stopped in front of the house. I wanted to be no where near the boys right now, and I could feel the pain that it caused Marko. The sudden feeling of crushing sadness in my chest almost made me turn around, but knew I couldn't. My need to have space from them over powered my want to comfort them, as I'm sure they all feel the same as Marko right now.  I was grateful when I heard David stop the others from following me up to the house, even though I could tell by his tone it hurt him to do so. I made my way quietly into the house hoping that someone was home. 

"Tori?" My mom's quite voice said in shock as I walked into the living room. 

I looked around and saw that mom, Mickey, Sammy, and Max were sitting on the couch. The sight of my brothers and mom made me completely lose it. A harsh sob ripped through my body and tears poured down my face. My legs felt weak and gave out from under me. I was expecting to hit the floor but was stopped by someone catching me. I looked up to see that it was Mickey giving me a sad smile. He wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face into my twins chest just happy to be here to see him. I felt two more sets of arms wrap around Mickey and I, and I knew that it was mom and Sam. 

"Oh baby I thought I had lost you." My mom's voice breaks the silence that had fallen. 

"Mom I'm so sorry." I say leaning back away from Michael to look at my mom. "I didn't mean to scare you guys like that." I add realizing that they were all crying.

"Don't apologize sweetheart. Max explained everything I completely understand why you did what you did." Mom says as my brothers let me go and let mom take over and place her hands on my face.

"So you are okay with me being a vampire?" I questioned as I nuzzle my cheek against her palm. 

"Yes I am." Mom says quietly. "I was waiting to see if you would wake up to make my final decision on joining you, and now that you are here I'm positive I know what I want." 

I nod understanding what she meant as she moves away from me and moves back over to Max, who is smiling at me but there is a hint of something else in his gaze. That is when I realize that Star isn't here and this makes me look at Michael, who just smirks at me like he knows what I'm thinking.

"Star went out to eat." Michael says with a smirk as he watches me realize what he meant. "We changed fully the second night you were still asleep." 

"Why aren't you out with her?" I questioned.

"Michael made a mean joke and she left without him. Told him to leave her alone until he apologizes." Sam said laughing. 

"Michael really?" I question with a small laugh at my brothers situation.  

"Well I don't see the boy with you and by how sad you looked when you came in, you are obviously having problems as well." Michael snapped back ruining the mood.