- four -

"The apartment is warm, we'll be there soon," Yeji tried to comfort the girl, unsure of what else to do. Her and Karina exchanged glances and Karina sighed heavily. This was already adding up to be a long day. She turned into the parking lot of the apartment and parked the car, not even bothering to wait for the other two girls.

She took the stairs, sighing once she made it to their floor. They'd accidentally left the apartment unlocked, so Karina slipped inside quickly, leaving her muddy boots at the door and heading straight to her bedroom.

The dark haired girl changed into a pair of sweatpants and one of her favourite t-shirts. She pulled her wet hair up into a messy bun and scrubbed her face raw until all of the makeup was gone. She took a few moments to look at herself in the mirror, rolling her eyes at her disheveled appearance before heading back downstairs.

Yeji and Winter were nowhere in sight, but Karina could tell they were home by the muddy footprints at the door. She told herself she didn't care about what they were doing and headed into the kitchen.

"Noooo"

Karina lifted her head out of the refrigerator when she heard Winter's voice whine from upstairs. As much as she wanted to go see what was wrong, she forced herself to ignore it and grabbed two slices of cheese from the drawer before closing the refrigerator.

There was rustling from upstairs and the opening and closing of multiple doors, and Karina hummed softly to herself to try and drown out the noise. She set a pan on the stove and waited for it to heat up. Just as she finished retrieving the bread from the pantry, she heard slow footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Hi," Winter smiled, standing across the kitchen from Karina. The brown eyed girl turned around. Her breath caught in her throat as soon as she saw the girl in front of her. Winter was wearing another one of Karina's t-shirts, which came down to the middle of her thighs. She didn't have any pants on, or socks and shoes. Karina noticed the bandages on her feet, which she had assumed Yeji changed.

The small girl's hair was wet, and pulled up in a sad attempt at a messy bun. There were still loose strands of dark hair hanging down and framing her face. She somehow made it cute. Cute. Karina cursed herself for using that word.

Before Karina could say anything, Yeji came running down the stairs with a pair of Karina's pajama pants in her hand. "You forgot these," she handed them to Winter, who studied them for a few moments. Yeji saw the questioning look Karina was giving her and bit her lip. "She insisted on wearing your clothes, i don't know," Yeji shrugged.

"Oh," Karina mumbled. Winter pulled on the pants and patted the soft material happily. "What took so long?" The brown eyed girl asked, trying to ignore the feeling that was arising in her stomach from seeing Winter in her clothing.

"Well i discovered that she can shower on her own," Yeji nodded once and motioned to Winter, who was still petting the fuzzy material of her pajama pants. "Which is a good thing, I think," she bit her lip and studied Karina's face.

"Thank god for that," Karina shook her head. She was still extremely confused by everything that had happened in the past two days. A clattering noise snapped her out of her thoughts and both her and Yeji whipped their heads around. Winter stood next to the stove, with a overturned pan now on the floor.

"Hot," Winter nodded once and pointed to the pan. Yeji and Karina exchanged glances.

"Well have fun with that," Yeji winked at Karina. "This girl's got homework to catch up on," Karina glared at her, but Yeji disappeared up the stairs before she could respond.

Karina groaned and walked over to Winter. "Of course it's hot," she rolled her eyes and grabbed the pan by the handle. Once she set it back on the stove, she sprayed the surface with cooking spray and made sure the stove was still on. "Don't touch it," she warned Winter, pointing to the stove.