- sixteen -

Karina awoke the next morning to find Winter still asleep. She giggled softly, realizing the smaller girl had snaked her arms up the sleeves of Karina's hoodie to keep her hands warm. The events of the night before played in her head like a movie scene and she couldn't help the smile that spread across her face.

"Jeong," she whispered, nudging the smaller girl softly. "Jeong, I have to get up," she giggled, looking over at the clock and remembering she had class that morning.

"Hmmm," the smaller girl hummed, fluttering her eyes open and smiling widely the moment she saw Karina next to her. "Hi," she beamed.

"Morning," Karina laughed, sliding out from underneath the girl and sitting up.

"I have class today," Karina said, walking over to her closet and digging through her clothes. "Which means you get to stay home with Yeji until I'm back, okay?"

Winter nodded softly. She'd been getting better at realizing that Karina does, in fact, come back home when she leaves in the mornings. That didn't mean she liked it, though.

Karina slipped into the bathroom and changed into a comfortable outfit for class, wearing an old t-shirt because she knew they'd be painting that day. Winter waited patiently outside the door and smiled like an idiot when Karina re-emerged.

"Someone's in a good mood," Karina giggled. Winter just nodded.

"Yes, I kissed you," she chimed, reminding Karina of the night before.

Karina's cheeks grew red. "That you did," she laughed and ran a hand through her hair. "You can always do it again, y'know," she raised an eyebrow. Winter's face lit up, as if she hadn't even considered the idea.

"Okay," she nodded once. Without another word, Winter grabbed Karina's face gently and planted kisses all over her face, finally pecking her lips once before taking a step back and smiling widely. Karina's face was blood red by the time she was done. "Your turn," Winter smiled.

"My turn?" Karina smirked. Winter just nodded, and Karina pulled Winter closer to her. The smaller girl giggled excitedly, which made Karina's stomach flutter. She placed one hand on the back of Winter's neck and closed the gap between them, slowly bringing their lips together.

This kiss lasted longer than the ones they'd shared before, if only by a few seconds. Kissing Winter was different from anyone else Karina had ever kissed. The smaller girl was soft and gentle, and it made Karina's heart skip a beat. They pulled apart and moments later were interrupted by the flash of a camera.

"What the...?" Karina whipped her head around, spotting Yeji peering out of her doorway. "Oh my god," Karina's cheeks grew red and she covered her face. Winter giggled.

"Ningning and Giselle aren't going to believe this," Yeji smirked, walking over and tucking her phone into her pocket. Winter clapped her hands excitedly. "C'mon Rina, it's cute," Yeji laughed and nudged her roommate. Karina took her hands away from her face and scowled at the older girl, but couldn't hold back her smile.

"I hate to interfere, but you're going to be late for class if you don't hurry your ass up," Yeji pointed to the clock and Karina cursed under her breath. All three girls ended up downstairs, and Winter wandered into the kitchen.

"So you two..." Yeji smirked once she and Karina were alone. "How'd that come about?"

Karina shrugged, grabbing her bag from the couch. "She kissed me and it sorta just happened," she bit her lip to hide her smile when Yeji clapped her hands happily. Just then, Winter padded back into the room and handed Karina a banana.

"Breakfast," she smiled softly. Karina giggled, finding the small gesture extremely adorable.

"Thank you," Karina tossed her backpack over her shoulder. "I'll be back after lunchtime, okay?" Winter nodded softly. Karina bent down and placed a kiss on the younger girl's cheek. "See you soon," she smiled softly, waving as she slipped out the door. Once she was gone, Winter sighed and sat down on the couch.