Insecurity*

2006

2006

Oliver helplessly watched as Emilio recited a spell over and over again. Lennon was unconscious and laid on her bed unaware of what was happening. Earlier that morning the 11 year old had unintentionally broken all of the windows in her school and sent a journalist who had been stalking her to god knows where. All because her powers had become erratic due to her bottled up emotions. Thankfully no one but the journalist was harmed and Emilio with the help of his longtime friend Kent Nelson were able to repair the school with no trouble. The two men had also taken it upon themselves to make everyone who had witnessed the incident forget that it ever happened. Regardless Oliver had decided to pull Lennon from school.

"There. She won't remember a thing." Emilio said, his hand on his granddaughter's cheeks. Giving her a kiss on the forehead he then turned to Oliver.

"Did you know she was capable of doing something like this?" Oliver asked to which Emilio shook his head.

Liar.

"What now?

"Now we live as if nothing happened." Oliver shot Emilio a look, he wasn't sure he could live with something like this. Especially keeping something so big from his goddaughter. He hated lying to her which is why he rarely did it. "For her sake, Ollie. I will not allow this incident to burden her with guilt. Accident or not. Especially at her age. The best we could do now is hope that she doesn't lose control like this again."

Easier said than done.

Now

Punch. Kick. And the sound of multiple arrows being fired was just a regular night for Magíca and Red Arrow. The sibling duo had just stopped an illegal weapon. The men involved in said trade were clearly not happy. "I can't believe you won't let it go." The brunette huffed dodging a punch from a man way taller than her before she kicked him square in the gut. "You know, maybe if you got to know her then you would see that Artemis wouldn't do anything to betray the team."

"And what about Superboy and Miss Martian?"

"None of them." Magíca clarified.

Red shot an arrow capturing two goons and then was back to back with his sister beating up the last couple of guys. "You're being naive."

"And you're being an asshole. I've been through so much with them already and if you weren't so obsessed with joining the League then you would see how loyal the Team has become with one another. I trust them with my life. They're a second family to me." Magíca ducked and sent an energy blast to a goon who nearly grabbed her by the hair.

"I don't want you on the Team." Red admitted causing his sister's eyes to widen in shock. "You would be better off just being with me."

As if.