Chapter 7: Flood of Memories

Time: April 26th, X820, ~11am

Location: Somewhere in Magnolia

Objective: Breathe

"Hey, Brett! How's the bread business?" an older man called.

He had gray hair and looked to be in his sixties.

"Not bad, Eddy! We're piping hot as usual. April is still chilly, so we're just bracing ourselves for the hot summer," Brett replied.

He also had gray hair with a bushy mustache and appeared sixty.

"Ha ha! That's good to hear!"

"By the way, did you hear about the fiasco in Hargeon Port?" Brett asked.

"Oh, you mean where Team Unstoppable and the Sensory Ice Duo brought back that load of corpses they found on an island?" Eddy responded.

"Yeah, that one! Good grief, those five are monsters!"

"I know. Especially the scarlet-haired boy. What's his name? Oberon?"

"No, it's Reiki. He's Titania's son, but she didn't name him Oberon."

"Ha ha I'm surprised. By the way, who's his father?"

"I'm pretty sure it's Jellal Fernandes."

"Oh yeah! That crook from three decades ago, right?"

"He ain't a crook," a deep voice snarled. Eddy whirled around to see a tall, muscular man with blond spiky hair and devilish blue eyes. The sun behind him shadowed his face and made his black, sleeveless muscle t-shirt even darker.

"Oh! Good day, Adad Dreyar! Please don't buy out the whole shop!" Brett cried meekly.

Addy huffed.

"Don't worry. I'm only buying snacks for a trip. But about Jellal. He ain't a crook, got it?" he growled.

"Uh, well, when I was a kid he was arrested, the Magic Council said in the news that Jellal was the one responsible for firing Etherion on the Tower of Heaven and disrupted the Magic Council," Eddy pointed out.

"Tch. The Council likes its attention. Furthermore, that doesn't mean he's the same person now," Addy countered.

"He escaped prison! And then was pardoned by the Queen! Why was that knucklehead set free anyways? He's useless to Fiore except for causing destruction!" Brett cried.

Addy clenched his teeth.

SLAM!

The wooden stand split ¾ of the way through!

Everyone around the area froze and stared at the scene.

Addy dropped a bag of jewels on the counter.

"I want two braided loaves, two rye, four regular, and two sourdough. Please," he growled.

Brett nodded vigorously and hurried to the back.

He counted out the regular loaves and put them in a basket. He turned around to get the braided ones. As he put them in, Brett noticed that there was one loaf missing.

He counted the regular loaves.

Three.

He counted again.

Three again.

Once more he counted.

Once more he got three.