Chapter 20: Memories...of Water?

Time: May 13th, X820, 8am

Location: Fairy Tail

Objective: Feel the flow

Reiki furrowed his brows as he sifted through a stack of short papers. Each one was full of hand-written scribbles.

"Where did you get all of these notes, Cal?" he muttered.

He looked to his left.

A tall figure in a black, hooded cloak sat just out of the sun ray's reach. Her back faced the curtain.

"Truthfully I haven't needed this book since October X817. The only reason I picked it up again two weeks ago was it was my last resort," she responded monotonously.

"Right, but where did you find all of this information?" he pressed.

Cal let out a soft exhale.

"I don't know. I've asked Eli, Mom, Dad, the Stone Gang, Carmine and The Founders. None of them had a solid answer."

"The Stone Gang meaning Amethyst Lore, Emerald Neerg, and Diamond Agria. And Carmine meaning Carmine Nanagear. All four were participants in the X817 Games. Carmine substituted for Emerald on Day 2," Reiki stated.

"Correct."

"And The Founders are who?"

"Sting Eucliffe, Rogue Cheney, Minerva Orland, Orga Nanagear, Rufus Lore, Yukino Eucliffe, Sorano Agria, and Dobengal. The people who helped re-establish Sabertooth in X791 after Jiemma Orland's tyranny was overthrown."

"I thought Sorano didn't join Sabertooth until X793?"

"She didn't. But she quickly developed a major leadership role."

"I see. So, how exactly did you come across–" Reiki closed the book on his fingers "– A Beginner's Guide to Enchantments: Categories, Castings, and More!?"

"My mother introduced me to the book at her house when I was thirteen. I loved it so much that I searched for it in the library and began to read it on my own. Eli quickly figured this out and actually bought a copy for my fifteenth birthday. Which was really sweet because I was in pain the entire day."

Reiki stared at the title.

"I see," he muttered, re-opening the book. His eyes mindlessly scanned the pages. "So why are you here?"

"I had promised to share any information I could find. But I decided not to bother you after Eli and I received a text saying to continue independently until further notice. Then this morning you sent this text: 'Hey I have some questions'. I figured it was about the Sun Vest and Moon Dress as well as other items."

"Yes. But I didn't expect you to teleport here via Territory. I didn't say I was in the guild hall infirmary."

"I asked Nashi and Cris what happened and they explained the situation."

"I see."

"Where did they go, anyways? I expected them to be guarding your bed like dogs."

"Nashi wanted lunch. Cris wanted to go shopping. And both of them wanted naps. They haven't been getting much sleep since May 5th around 9pm."

"Was that when you collapsed?"

"Yes."

"When did you wake up?"

"May 11th. I was told mid-morning. The time was probably about 10:30am."

"Nearly six days? That's a long time."