Chapter 19: Unspoken

Time: May 11th, X820, mid-morning

Location: Fairy Tail guild hall

Objective: Speak!

Nashi and Cris sat near the foot of Reiki's bed.

The former stared ahead into space.

The latter was scrolling through his phone.

"Do you think Mr. Anti Social Media will ever actually use his InstaLacra, Tweeter, or QwikPik accounts?" he mused.

"Hmph. I doubt it. He only set those up so we could tag him," she pointed out.

"Yeah, that's true. At least he uses L-chat and L-mail. I remember for a couple years he was stuck on parchment and ink."

Cris looked over at his salmon-haired friend.

"Hey.".

"Yeah?"

"You okay? You're normally picking aggressive yet unnecessary fights with me."

Nashi leaned her head back.

"I'm frustrated. It seems no matter what I do, I end up in a dead end," she growled.

Cris looked over at his sleeping friend.

"I'm sure the two of you can commiserate."

"Hah. Fat chance. He actually gets results. Without even trying. That a**hole."

"You're both doing better than me."

Nashi rolled her head to the side and glared at Cris.

"You're just along for the ride. I don't think you actually care," she snarled.

He rolled his eyes and met her gaze.

"I do care! I want you to finally get your brother back!" he hissed.

She sat up and faced her body towards him.

"Then why don't you do more?!" she seethed under her breath.

"I'm trying!" he gritted, "But I'm not as smart as you! Or Reiki! Or Cal! Or Eli! Hell, it seems like even Jace is smarter than me! Do you realize how hard it is to keep up with all of your ridiculously high IQ's, unstable emotions, and random trains of thoughts?"

"Mr. Genius and Moon Gal are in their own categories. But there is still plenty you could do! You just choose to get cold feet!"

"Like what?!" he softly squeaked.

"Like delivering the message to Hayley!" she whispered.

Crispin immediately twisted his body to face her.

"I told you I didn't want to be called a vile creature again! I'm a f***ing human!" he cried.

"Oh Mavis you're a snowflake!" she shouted.

"I'd like to see you get name-called and still want to return to that hell!"

"I'm a fiery monster and I embrace hell! So no! Name calling doesn't bother me!"

Cris rolled his eyes and sunk back into his chair.

"Yeah, well, I don't know if you noticed. But like, I'm not a fiery monster! I'm a human. I bring love, not destruction," he sassed.

Nashi exhaled sharply and stared at the door.

"Humans bring both," she muttered.

Cris rolled his eyes and resumed scrolling.