Chapter 8: It's All in Perspective

Time: April 26th, X820, ~noon

Location: Blue Pegasus area

Objective: Understand

Eli stretched his long, gloved arms into the open sky.

His long legs easily crossed the grassy slopes.

"It's a gorgeous and sunny day!" he exclaimed.

"Alright you bastard. Now that we're off the train will you please explain why you dragged me along?" a gruff voice grumbled from behind.

Eli looked over his shoulder.

The shorter adult man had smooth, silver hair slicked back. His brown eyes were covered by silver-lined sunglasses. He wore a navy blue shirt under a white jacket embellished with gold over white pants and dark blue shoes. He sported a diamond ring on his right middle finger and a plain bronze one on his left ring finger.

"What's wrong with wanting to spend time with my stupid cousin, Diamond?" Eli teased with a bright grin.

Diamond cocked a brow.

"Are you just lonely because your girlfriend isn't here?" he inquired.

"Ha ha! No! Not at all!"

"Uh huh. You know I don't believe that, right?"

Eli sighed and scratched his neck.

"Alright, fine. Yes, I miss her."

"Oh for heaven's sake! You don't need to babysit someone who is stronger than you!"

"I'm not babysitting her! She's sleeping right now, and I'm fine with that."

"But then why me? If you wanted company I'm sure Emerald or Amethyst would have come along. You're friends with them, too."

Eli shot a green glare at his cousin.

"I am not a slut!" he shouted.

"I didn't say you were," Diamond countered.

"Unlike you I still have my virginity intact."

"Whoa whoa whoa! You did NOT need to go there, Eli!"

"If I remember correctly as soon as you turned eighteen you went to the bar downtown and had a one-night stand."

"I wasn't drunk! And I had full explicit consent from the lady, who was also not drunk! We had just had a nice SOBER conversation and we both agreed to have a little fun. Look, just because Sorano is a single mother who bore me out of a drunken one night stand does not mean I wasn't taught morals and limits!"

Eli shook his head and looked forward. His boots kicked a few pebbles out of the way.

The silver-haired man sped up to the blond's side.

"Besides," Diamond continued, "I'm turning twenty-three this September. And, for the past year and a half I've been fully committed to living in a paid house with my spouse. Don't you be telling me off when you're eighteen and a month and a half ago moved into a rental with a lady you're not even fully committed to. Last I checked there were no rings on your fingers."

"She's my best friend! Not some random woman. And what's that on your fingers!"

"Sorano gave it to me when I was fourteen as a good luck charm for quests," Diamond growled, flashing the diamond ring. He pushed up his glasses with a gleam as he flashed the bronze ring. "And my wife has the match. In case you forgot, she is the lady I met that night. And the only lady I've been in bed with."