Chapter 21: Progress

Time: May 13th, X820, ~11am

Location: Blue Pegasus

Objective: Where is it going?

Soft voices and whispers hummed in unison with the clanking of glassware. Dim lights barely illuminated the series of booths with dark wood and maroon, velvet cushions. Some were completely occupied by groups of well-dressed people. Others were empty. Some had only a few occupants.

At one table, a lone glass of red wine sat on the black cloth-covered table. A slender pale yellow right arm reached out and gently swished the delicate liquid. Slowly it brought the glittering glass to luscious pink lips on pale, glowing skin.

After a sip, the arm put down the glass and moved towards the braid hanging over the right shoulder. The braid was gently picked up and fell onto the large breast covered by a light-pink shoulderless, sleeveless dress. As the braid was picked up, it revealed a white pegasus guild mark.

"Sorry I'm late, Hayley!" a voice squeaked.

The young woman raised her brown eyes. She watched a teenage woman her age scootch into the booth across from her.

"It's fine, Lina. I don't have anything to do anyways," Hayely muttered.

Lina had blond hair, blue eyes, and a medium-sized chest. Her blond hair was pulled in a messy yet elegant bun. A shoulderless, sleeveless white dress with a single neck strap hugged her thin body. Matching dark blue gown gloves covered her twig arms.

"That's not true. Don't you have that little search thing–"

"Shhh! Lina!" Hayley hissed.

Lina clapped her hands over her mouth.

"Sorry!" she squeaked.

The duo sat in silence for a few moments.

Hayley swished her glass around while Lina folded her hands on the table.

A heavy sigh escaped the former's mouth.

"So, like, what did you do today, Lina?"

"Oh, I just watched a little bit of the Bachelor. And asked Sally how she and Neil are doing," Lina replied with a smirk.

Hayley's eyebrows shot up.

"How did that go?"

"Sally admitted to me that she definitely wants to go on a date with Neil."

"Then why doesn't she just ask him out?!"

"Because she's...," Lina made air quotes with her fingers, "'scared' apparently."

"Of what?? Neil obviously likes her back."

"Right?? That's what I said. But she doesn't want to get rejected."

Hayley rolled her eyes and picked up her glass.

"Rejection is not that hard to deal with," she muttered through a sip.

"Then just ask Reiki out," Lina countered.

Pffft!

Red liquid spewed from Hayley's mouth as she slammed the glass onto the table.

Lina flinched back as some of the wine sprayed onto her dress.

Cough cough

"Ade...line!" Hayley gasped, "Not...funny!"