Chapter 12: Stirring a Storm

FWOOOOSH!! BOOM! Tsssssssss

A cloud of smoke billowed around Nashi's fist.

The whirlwind quickly pulled the smoke away to reveal the hooded figure staggering to their feet.

Nashi seethed steam from the corners of her mouth.

"Come on Guthrie!! We're going home!!" she hollered.

Her fists erupted into flames.

The figure responded by producing another set of wind swords.

Jace stuck a finger in his ear.

"Mavis, I'm gonna go deaf just by being around you," he snarled.

'Not done. Not done,' the snake hissed.

"I can hear it as well. Let's go!"

Jace hopped on Blakey's back and she slithered forward!

Nashi dug her heels into the earth and charged towards the target.

Blakey zipped ahead of the Fire Dragon Slayer. The Poison Dragon Slayer on her back readied a fist full of poison.

"Poison Dragon's...," he hissed.

The hooded figure leapt above Blakey's attempted bite. In the process, the snake arched her back, sending her rider airborne. He took advantage of the momentum and twisted his body to pull his arm back.

Jace drilled his eyes into the enemy as he narrowly avoided a slash of sharp wind.

"...Iron Fist!" he shouted.

In one swift motion, his arm soared over the descending sword and connected with the figure's chest. A bust of poison sent the two apart.

Blakey caught Jace and slithered right back to the enemy.

The duo watched as a ball of fire was hurled at the figure's back.

"Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame!"

Jace thrust his arm forward. A wave of poison shaped like a fanged snake head shot towards the target.

Both attacks were countered as the enemy stopped each attack with a giant fist made out of wind.

The Dragon Slayers growled in frustration as the cloud of smoke briefly billowed between them.

Nashi ran forth while fire streamed from her arms.

As the hooded figure landed out of the cloud, she threw the fire streams at them.

"Fire Dragon's...!"

"Nashi! No!" Jace screamed.

"...Wing Attack!"

As soon as the fire streams made contact with the target, the person vaporized!

"What!!" Nashi screamed.

The fire streams continued forward directly towards Jace.

He rolled to the side while Blakey simultaneously coiled her body around him. The flames dispersed around her scales with ease.

"What?!?!" Nashi screamed again.

"Heh. I can hear your confusion!" Jace hollered as the snake uncoiled. "Blake told me her scales are immune to fire, water, lightning, and ice! Also, that was a clone you shot at!"

The Fire Dragon Slayer storm-ran towards the duo.

"I know it was a clone! I'm not blind or deaf!" she seethed.