CHAPTER ONE - SIENNA

Two years later

Two years later...

I don't like having to break up fights. Especially at a quarter to one in the morning after a ten-hour evening shift, but when the drunk girls currently rolling around on the bathroom floor start pulling hair, I know I need to step in to stop it.

I almost called in sick tonight.

I could be tucked up in bed watching re-runs of my favourite show, but no, my bank balance just hit the minus, so I figured some extra cash would help.

"You stupid cow! I know you kissed him tonight to get back at me," the blonde girl says, flashing me her knickers when her miniskirt rides up her legs.

Miss Brunette is having none of this when she rolls over to pin the blonde underneath her, punching her directly in the cheek. I hiss through my teeth, knowing that's going to hurt and make my way closer, stopping when my colleague Adam pops his head through the door.

"I've got to leave now," he says, words halting when he catches sight of the scrapping women. "Ooh, girl fight."

I shove him out of here, saying a quick 'bye' because I know he's useless in these situations. It turns him on, apparently. Please don't ask me. I think there's something wrong with him too.

"We're closing now. You two need to leave, or we'll call the police," I say as they screech in each other's faces.

Minimum wage is not enough to deal with this shit.

The brunette grabs the other woman's ponytail and yanks her head so far back it surprises me she's still alive and slams her skull hard on the tiled floor. The blonde woman starts crying, setting off too many memories for me to process.

After shaking my head a few times, I stumble back out of the toilet doors, catching onto a commotion at the bar area. What now? I swear Thursday nights are the worst. I rest the mop against the wall when I nearly go flying over it and go to investigate. Rhys, my bar manager, is telling someone to calm down.

It's Beau.

There's something in his eyes I can't work out, something terrible. My step falters for a pace or two because why else would he be here this late if it wasn't something terrible?

"Sienna," he gasps, walking the space towards me in four long strides. My head against his chest when he pulls me close. "I thought I lost you."

Frowning, I try to pull away, only to get pulled straight back. I send a questioning look to Rhys, but he's looking just as upset as Beau.

"What's the matter?" I ask.

If it's some drama concerning my mother, then he can calm down. It's not like he usually cares. Unless she's gotten herself arrested again? Great. Guess that means I won't be in bed by two after all.

Beau kneels, so he's eye to eye with me. "It's your flat. There was a fire."

My stomach drops to the ground. Fire? My flat? No. No! I just moved in there. Finally got on my feet. All of my things are in there. Treasures from trips away with Beau's family. Pictures of us. My belongings.