CHAPTER SIXTEEN - BEAU

I drop Sienna off at her therapy session and run around to do some errands for my grandparents

I drop Sienna off at her therapy session and run around to do some errands for my grandparents. They can't get around for themselves these days, and it gives me an excuse to spoil them.

My grandparents are a force between themselves, raising six children and several multi-million-pound businesses. My grandad, Viktor Larsson is Europe's top businessman.

The world looks up to him. Even at eighty-three, he's still giving conferences to thousands of people every month, both in person and via the Internet. People pay an absolute fortune for his wisdom, yet we're lucky enough to get it for free.

As I approach the shopping food market car park, my phone begins ringing from the Bluetooth system in my car.

"Just a quick brief for you," says Chrissy, my modelling agent, in her usually calm voice. "Montblanc want to reschedule from this week."

I rub my face, silently hating the thought of leaving them abruptly back in Barcelona, knowing I had no other choice. "Right. Well, to be honest with you. I don't know when I can. Everything is so up in the air right now."

She hums. "Oh, okay, that's fine, but you might lose the job. I must warn you of that. Next month is chock-a-block, too. What are we doing there?"

I will see if Sienna is up for coming to stay in Manchester with me for two of those weeks. I have an apartment already organised thanks to my uncle Dexter, who rents out his old place to his son, Archie, who Manchester United recently signed.

It's like history repeating itself with those two, as my Uncle Dex only recently retired from premier league football at fifty-two. It took him a while to finally admit defeat and hang his laces up after a lousy ligament tear a couple of years ago that didn't properly heal.

"I hate to say it, but I don't know," I reply, stuck behind a row of traffic.

She sighs. "Some major clients are counting on you being a part of these projects. Can we compromise, and you let me know by next Monday?"

"Yeah, I can do that," I reply, hoping to get Sienna on board with accompanying me.

If she's close, she's safe.

"Fabulous. Beau, listen, I have another call coming in now. Can we catch up in a few days?" she replies over the dull beeping noise.

"Sure we can. Thanks."

"You too. Bye." And the line cuts off.

I don't creep two spaces forward before my phone buzzes again. Rhys' name flashes on the screen. What the fuck does he want? "Hello?"

At my curt voice, he waits a moment before he speaks. "I'm calling you about Sienna. Is everything okay? She just handed her notice in."

"She did?" Wait. I just dropped her at the community centre for her therapy session. And now she's at Monsoons? "Is she still there?"