CHAPTER TWO - SIENNA

A soft fingertip brushing across my cheek wakes me

A soft fingertip brushing across my cheek wakes me. I'm laying belly first in Beau's colossal bed, face stuffed deep into his good-smelling pillow.

"Go away," I groan, rolling over to stop and turn back at the sound of a feminine chuckle. "Mumma Dee!"

Delilah is Beau's mother, but by the crazy love I hold for her inside my heart, it's like she's mine too. This woman is my absolute rock.

"I had to come to see you when Beau called to let me know about your flat," she says, warm fingers sweeping my hair away from my face.

The emotions are still raw, but numbness seems to have taken its place today. It wasn't good this morning when we got home to Beau's house, and the reality dawned on me.

I push back the duvet and sit up against the headboard. "You're probably going to think I'm crazy."

"Never." She frowns.

I sigh. "I haven't been able to go inside the house yet to check the damage, but I have a tonne of personal stuff from Beau, especially a friendship bracelet he made for me when we were like seven that I kept in my bedroom. They said the fire swept most of the flat, so obviously that's gone."

"Oh, baby," she says when my bottom lip wobbles. "Come here."

She leans forward, and I fall into her arms, closing my eyes at her soft linen scent. "Where's Beau?" I ask.

"Cooking you breakfast."

I edge back. "You raised him good."

When she tilts her head back to laugh, Beau enters with a bowl and plate in his hands. The bowl has chopped-up fruit, but it's hard to tell what's on the plate because it's covered in some sauce.

"Hello, chef," I say, earning myself one of his cheeky grins. "Is that breakfast enchiladas?"

He puts the plate in my hands and the bowl next to me on the duvet, letting me know it is indeed enchiladas. Yum!

"All from scratch," he says, picking at the cubed melon as he lays it next to me. "Although I didn't have black beans because I need to go shopping, I swapped them for kidney beans instead."

He's all warm when I lean into him. "You're the best."

He wraps his arm around my shoulders to squeeze me before digging in for more fruit. The enchilada has the perfect amount of smoky heat, and I'm entirely grateful for the amount of cheese he piled on it.

"Look at your hair," Delilah says, leaning over to ruffle Beau's morning curls. They're out of control. "You been fighting with the pillow again?"

"Mum," he says, acting like a shy kid, not a twenty-six-year-old man when he shrugs her hand away. "Stop it."

Just to wind him up, I reach over to start fussing with them, too. By the stern glare he gives me, he isn't impressed one bit. I go back to eating.

Delilah helps herself to some berries. "Dad will be coming over at some point today to try to help with things concerning the flat."