CHAPTER THIRTEEN - SIENNA

The extravagance of Paulina's house always surprises me

The extravagance of Paulina's house always surprises me. It's so prim and proper, that nothing is ever out of place. The front garden so full of flowers that it for sure is competing with something you see coming out of the Chelsea Flower Show.

I push the tiny iron gate and pick up the parcel behind the grey stone wall, carrying it to the front door. My knuckles waver for a second on the door, wondering if I should knock or just let myself in. It's late in the evening, and she's more than likely getting herself ready for the night.

I'm not left wondering long before the door opens, and she waves me inside, hair up in rollers, body barely covered by her skimpy underwear.

Jeez.

"Can you cover yourself, please?" I ask, averting my eyes and resting the parcel on the kitchen counter.

She digs inside of the fridge. "You came to my house. I'll wear what I want."

"Your nipple is almost hanging out," I say, but she's not the slightest bit concerned about getting dressed, so I try to look at her face instead. 

She pulls out a bottle of white wine, unscrewing the cap to start drinking it straight from the lip. It forces me to wonder if the alcohol gives her the courage to face what she has to face every day. If the slight buzz of her chosen poison helps wash away her feelings. 

I shake my head when she grabs two shot glasses from the cupboard and a half-full bottle of AU vodka. "Why have you been refusing my calls?"

The vodka has barely slipped down her throat when she tips it back before filling the glass again. "My phone isn't working."

"Don't lie to me. You're disgusting for using my picture in your advertising. How could you? I  know you're not emotionally my mother, but you gave birth to me! You must have loved me once. And now you're selling your body on the false pretences of it being a younger version. I was attacked because of your stupidity. Do you know that? A man violated me at work because he saw my picture on Craigslist!" I shout, chest rising and falling, but she doesn't even flinch. 

She just carries on sipping her alcohol. "Don't blame me. I didn't do it."

"But, you let it happen. Even if you didn't do it, which I find extremely hard to believe, you didn't do anything to stop it," I respond, wishing she was covered when she storms over here, and her boob pops out for real this time. 

Emotional damage. 

Emotional. Damage. 

She points her skinny finger at me. "You don't know shit, Sienna Kimberly. Shit."

"You're right!" I shout, walking into her finger so she's forced to put it down. "I don't know anything. Not until a guy grabs my breast and bruises me. Not until my phone gets bombarded with missed calls because some creeps on the internet decided to google my image and found my data to spread to other creeps!"