CHAPTER TWELVE - SIENNA

"I am so sorry

"I am so sorry."

I hear Beau speak as he approaches, but I don't turn around. My mind is going a million miles a minute, trying to figure out what happened back there.

The server hands me my peach light spritz, and I hand over the money, taking a tentative sip. It's totally delicious and seriously refreshing.

"Delicioso. Gracias." I attempt to thank the server, who throws me a proud smile before returning to serving the other customers.

Meanwhile, Beau is attempting to get into my line of vision, but I avoid looking at him, wandering over to the little entertainment area they have set up.

There's a live band playing some eighties classics and a few people dancing on the disco floor they have set up. The outline of Beau's body catches in my peripheral vision, my eyes automatically moving to search him out.

His eyes are big and weary. "Please let me explain."

"No. You don't get to explain after you just embarrassed me, you confusing jerk! Don't play me, Beau. Don't you dare," I say, taking a big gulp of my drink.

"I could see the clogs turning in your head. See the way you were already convincing yourself out of it, so I panicked. I'm sorry if I embarrassed you. I'll tell her right now. I'll tell her what you mean to me."

"No," I say, still unable to look at him. "You just don't get it. You can't be all sweet on me one minute and push me away the next. Am I reading this wrong? Do you want to keep things casual?"

"No," he growls. "God no," he says after, reaching for me, but I step back, needing some space. "Maybe it's emotional damage—?"

I shake my head. "You can't keep blaming everything on me. You did stuff, too! Look... you're doing it now."

I don't feel so good. I need to take a walk. Or find some space to think. Cool off. As I roam across the hot sand, the sand collects between my toes and underneath my feet.

Beau isn't far behind me. I can sense his eyes watching my back. I skip going back to the daybed because letting Blaire see how upset I am causes me to feel even more upset.

I decide to go for a dip in the sea instead. The ocean waves crashing over my legs when I stand at the surface, simply admiring the beauty of the crystal blue water.

"I want nothing more than to be your boyfriend. It would be an honour," Beau says after a while of us standing here.

My heart fills with so much joy, but my head is having none of it. I turn around to face him, eyes skipping over his serious face. The tips of his plump lips slide upwards, eyes turning soft on me.

I clear my throat. "You mean it?"

"I do," he says, so confident. "But I know you're not ready yet. I'm not going to push you, Sienna."