CHAPTER TWENTY - BEAU

I lay Sienna down to rest on the bed and fuss over her until she's comfortable

I lay Sienna down to rest on the bed and fuss over her until she's comfortable. She has more colour in her cheeks, thank god, and is feeling less sickly.

There's an image in my head of the moment I heard my sister's wild cry of my name and caught sight of Sienna's ghostly pale face, and it makes me shudder. I hightailed it across that dance floor and shoved my way to her like a man possessed.

"I'm okay, Beau," she tells me, but I don't believe a word. Not when she threw up twice on the car journey back to the apartments. "You don't need to worry yourself."

I go searching for her night tee and gently pull it over her head when she sits up for me, guiding her arms through the arm holes.

"I'm late," she whispers, and it takes me a couple of seconds to register what she means. "I was supposed to get my period a couple of weeks ago, but it hasn't come yet. I put it down to stress, but now I think it's something entirely different."

"You could be pregnant?" I whisper, cupping her beautiful face, watching her eyes shine as she shrugs her shoulders. "Maybe," she replies.

"Oh, my goodness." I laugh, a rush of excitement pouring through me. "You really think so? Did you take a test already?"

I'm crawling onto the bed and scooping her up in my arms to get a better look at her face. She smiles when she sweeps my hair out of my eyes. "Not yet. Like I say, I was putting it down to stress, but how I felt tonight makes me think I am."

My eyes feel out of control as they sprint all over her face, struggling to convey how wonderful this moment feels for me. A baby. With Sienna. Fucking hell. Those dreams seem unreal when it's suddenly my reality.

"We need a test," I say, kissing her hard before detangling myself from her to tuck her under the bed and go to grab my wallet and keys from the bedside cabinet. "I won't be long."

She's smiling, still pale. "Okay."

All my insides grow warm.

Looking back at her, nothing has ever felt so right as I do now.

It's impossible to look away.

Until she waves me towards the door. "Quick. I'm excited to find out."

"Me too." I send her a secret smile and turn to slip out of the house without disturbing the others, rushing back to catch her off guard when I enter the bedroom. "Go get Annabelle if you feel unwell again."

Her eyes soften into two pools. "I will. Drive safe, okay?"

She can see the building emotions within me. "Yeah." And. I'm off.

...

My foot bounces erratically against the carpet, sat next to Sienna, who's holding the pregnancy test in her hands. It's been just over four minutes, and the wait is killing both of us.