Chapter 29: Girls Gossip Night

Guys!! I'm so excited for this chapter!! It may take a while to post the next one seeing as I have a camp to attend and I might be off network for a while - so bear with me. SPARKS FLY IN THIS CHAPTER! Just a warning. Now you can read.

Chapter 29: Girls Gossip Night

"Eric?"

I can't believe it. It doesn't seem like something Eric is capable of doing – being thoughtful towards others – it's something that I thought he proved to me he was incapable of. Yet he thought of the only thing I miss from Abnegation – my family – and brought a small part of it to me so I wouldn't feel as out of place. And he got it so right that I'm sitting on the floor of my new living room with tears of happiness slipping out my eyes clutching a small leather-bound scrapbook as though it's my life.

"You were right. Sorry isn't enough, but I'm going to say it anyways. I'm sorry, Andi." He says, hesitantly moving a step closer to me. I don't object, so he relaxes slightly, though staying at his spot by the door frame. "I don't know what happened, but at the thought of someone so good, so pure, wanting someone like me – I panicked."

He looks me up and down. Feeling slightly self-conscious, I stand up.

"And I shouldn't have. Because I hurt you without meaning to, Andi. And I'm sorry. But the truth is, I really, really like you – in a way I've never looked at anyone before."

I'm unable to speak. I can't. I feel as though some godly being has swooped down and stolen my words from me. He seems to take that as a negative sign, because he turns slowly bobbing his head up and down in disappointment.

"Eric." I manage to get out, my voice sounding cut and strangled. "Wait."

I reach out and grab his hand, softly enclosing it in mine. It feels unnatural that way, embracing his large hands in my thin and small ones, but it does the job. He turns around and gives me a look that makes my heart beat two times faster and so loud I'm surprised he can't hear it. I force myself to meet his gaze, which is a one of pure longing. For a split second, we stare at each other, standing almost a meter away, but the moment after, both of us step forward, closing the gap between us, our lips crashing together. It's different than the first time. It is more passionate, filled with longing. He lowers a hand to my waist, wrapping it around me and pulling me closer, forcing me to go on my toes. His other hand snakes itself around my back, so we are wrapped in a close embrace. I move both my hands behind him, wrapping an arm around his neck and snaking one through his hair. We stay like that for what seems like eternity.

Until a certain roommate comes in.

Mia walks into the door and sees us, intertwined, lips locked. I hear a bag drop to the ground as we rip ourselves away from each other in shock.

"Mia. I- I- I can- Eric- I-", I stutter thoroughly unhelpfully and out of breath. Eric takes my discomfort as a sign to leave, quietly excusing himself muttering something about seeing me later. Mia looks at him walk out the door, and I can already tell she is brimming with questions. Questions that I myself don't have the answers to.

"Not a word." I grumble at her, seeing that she is on the verge of bursting and moving for the doorway to see what she's brought. "Not a word." I repeat as she follows me outside giggling girlishly bouncing up and down on her toes.

+++

It took a while to finish setting up, but Mia was fueled by excitement and the wish not to go to sleep to an empty house, while I was fueled by the seven cups of coffee, I made in an attempt to stay awake as well as the desire to have Mia focus on anything except me and Eric. Even if that meant staying up assembling furniture till 4 in the morning. Now, we stand backs to each other looking at the newly set up house. We have all white and bright furniture, although where she got them from in the middle of Dauntless is still a mystery to me.