Justin

"I-"

I felt nauseous like I was about to   throw up. 

"I need to use the bathroom " I said quickly lowing my head agin. I didn't want to see him. Not after what he did.

" I'll escort you" Massimo offered 

I looked at him for a short while before he got up from his chair.

I followed behind him.

My eyes were tearing up for some reason.

I thought if I had even seen him again I would be over it,over him saying he didn't love me.

That he only used me because his wife was out of town.

" I'm sorry" I heard him say.

It wasn't a surprise for Massimo to apologize to me, he genuinly looked sorry for me that day and even now.

" I'll get through it" I replied.

We stopped at the ladies room and I entered. I could hear him say he'll wait for me at the door.

I walked over to the mirror and looked at my face. It looked colorless. Almost like I was dead.

I exhaled sharply and turned on the tap. Not to wash my hands but to hear the flow of the water.

To take my mind off things for a while.

A part of me was saying to stay in here and never come out , but another part is yelling at me staying that this is a great job opportunity and I should swallow my pride.

" you okay in there" a muffled voice sounded.

I didn't answer, I kept looking at myself in the mirror listening to the flow of the water.

Finally I made up my mind. It was now or never.

Turning the water off I smiled at myself and walked out of the bathroom and straight pass Massimo back to the dining room.

I sat down like nothing happend between him and I.

Massimo arrived only a minute after Me. He kept looking at me but I had my poker face on.

" better?" Justin asked looking over to me

" yes." I replied. " much better"

I shook my leg under the table and tap my fingers on the table. My body was nervous but my mind said other wise.

I was copying the little things that he was doing without even knowing

He fixed his tie, I fixed my hair. He reached for his glass of wine and so did I.

He hadn't said a word to me since I got here even tho I was sitting right in front of his face. He was only talking with Justin and Massimo about business. 

I was only included once in their conversation and it was about my interest in a stupid matter.

" so miss clark how are you liking your new place" Justin gestured to me

I took a sip of my wine. God I was starving. " it's fine" my voice came out soft and low.

" I'm glad you liked it" he smiled.

I only nod and back the conversations started with him and Alexander. It was like he only talked to me for talk sake.

" I'm starving"

I quickly covered my mouth. I meant  to say that in my head. And it sound more professional there too.

Alexander looked at me and I looked at him. We both stared at each other for a full on minute before he used his fork and tapped on his wine glass.