part 28

Hey! The response was great. Thank you❤ And sorry for the delay in update. I had a viva to attend which I ruined being hell nervous 😂. Anyways I should make it up to exam which starts from 31st of this month. Till then updates might be late than usual.

------------

Happy Reading 📖

Two more days passed, annika has tried many times to see bhavya. But she could not step inside the ward as her heart was too weak even when thinking about bhavya's condition. She was broken beyond repair when got to know about bhavya's paralyzed condition from shivaay. His hurtful voice still echoes in her ears making her even more vulnerable.

On the third day, she gained her optimum strength and went to see bhavya. Her eyes were tightly closed the moment her eyes caught the sight of bhavya lying on the bed, lifeless. Her head was bandaged, almost completely. Her left hand was plastered due to the fracture there. She was too pale to handle, her lips were white due to the dryness, with a dried blood clot in the corner. Annika could not open her eyes for a while. Her parted lips were trembling as tears flowed down non-stop.  Her cries became loud compelling her to cover her mouth with both of her palms. Near the end of the bed, she fell on her knees with a thud and cried terribly. Her shivering hands moved towards bhavya's feet and held them with a heavy heart.

' How could I be so cruel. I used to mark people as heartless. But I was the most heartless person. I wish shivaay could not save me. If he hadn't I would not have to sink in guilt like this. Now my life is not better than hell. I know I don't have any right to ask for forgiveness. But I am begging for a chance to repent my mistake '

Annika kissed her toes while her tears slides through bhavya's feet. She got up on her foot and looked at her face. Her heart pained immensely when bhavya looked at her with tearful eyes. Her greenish eyes had lost the twinkle in them. Her tears broke Annika's heart even more

A: please, get up and punish me as much as you want. I don't even deserve to stand up in front of you like this.

Her tears didn't take the name to stop. She could not stay there looking at bhavya. Her heart was bleeding each second she saw her.

If bhavya could punish her, she would have happily stood there bearing whatever bhavya wants to say or do. But the case was different here, she was not able to stay there looking at the helpless soul who could not even speak her heart, who could not even shout at her, who could not even turn her head with disgust. How is she supposed to express her hatred for ruining her life? Only her tears could say, she was deeply hurt.

Annika ran out of the room, suppressing her loud cries.

*******

Later, in the evening shivaay, Annika and rudr were at bhavya's place as she is discharged. Shivaay was staring at rudr who was sitting beside bhavya, holding her hand and looking at her face constantly. He did not even shed a single tear when got to know that bhavya would not be able to talk nor move anymore. Shivaay was concerned, his brother was not crying today who used to cry for a small thing than kids would need, who used to cry if a drop of blood came out. Why does he remain unaffected when his love is suffering, when his heart was bleeding like never before.

Shivaay followed rudr when he came out after a while

'Rud..y tum'

Shivaay asked, keeping his hand on his brother's shoulder whose back was facing him. Rudr could get to know his brother's concern

R: she would tease me calling me crybaby if I cried in front of her.

Rudr tried to sound normal but he could not. His voice cracked as tears made their way out. Shivaay made rudy face him when sensed the change in his voice.