Chapter 4

*Meli's pov*

Well Joe and I were officially dating and things felt normal...we had a few days off after the rumble so I let Phil take Katy and I would get her back Sunday...today I decided to meet with Tessa..Joe wasn't thrilled I was but I had to be the adult...I sat at a cafe waiting when in saw Tessa walk up I stood up "Tessa?"

Tessa nodded "So you're the infamous Melanie."

I nodded "Look I don't want anything petty between you and I...Joe wants me to meet Lilly but I'm doing the right thing by meeting you first so you know who I am.."

She nodded and after we ordered she spoke "I won't lie I debated showing up I mean Joe and I are long over but to know he was dating the same girl who haunted our relationship I was unsure...but I know you're a mom that you get it but then I found out how you and Joe ended up back together and I felt awful...I don't understand how you could be so civil with your daughter's father."

I sighed "Before the cheating he was so good to me...and he's a wonderful father...he hurt me betrayed even..but I'm civil for the sake of my daughter...because like I said despite it all he's a really good dad."

Tessa nodded "Same with Joe..I had a lot of resentment towards him because I knew we didn't work..but I knew he tried with us...I messed up at first but I realized that he did try and I accepted it...and he's a great father Lilly always comes first...I admit I was immature I gave Joe hell and I've apologized for that...he finally explained it all...that he didn't want to leave you..he wanted to marry you."

I just looked at her "Say what?"

She sighed "I really shouldn't of said that...but I think had Sika not gotten involved me and Phil would have never came into the picture..."

I nodded slowly "I hope this means we can be some what friends for the sake of our girls."

Tessa nodded "As long as you're good to my daughter we'll be just fine...but I know she'll be safe with you."

I smiled softly "Yeah."

She smiled "Yeah.."

We talked for a while we had an understanding of each other my mind was still spinning from what she told me and right now I need to talk to my best friend...I went to Nikki and John's...I sat outside with them both "I don't know how to approach this...I mean it was nearly 10 years ago...things were so different."

John nodded "You've said it yourself you loved Phil...but not how you loved Joe..so is it so bad to know that had he not broken up with you you'd be married instead of dealing with all you are right now."

I sighed "I guess not but its the fact of knowing."

Nikki nodded "Look Joe loves you he adores Katy..you're happy again...forget what happened when you were 17...focus on what all you have now...a beautiful little girl and a man that loves you."

I smiled softly "You guys mean so much to me I would of lost my mine through this with out you."

John laughed "You're like a little sister to me Meli...I want you and my niece happy..Joe makes you happy and he's good with Katy."

I smiled softly "Thanks guys."

She smiled "You're welcome."

After a while I left...I was getting ready to make something to eat when my doorbell rang I opened it to see Joe "Hey."

Roman kissed my cheek "Hey.."

I closed the door behind him "How was your day with Lilly?"

He smiled "Great I took her to her dance class...felt a little awkward sitting there but it was worth it how was lunch with Tessa."