Chapter 21

*Roman's pov*

I was nearly healed I would make my return in a few weeks but it was Thanksgiving which meant we were with my family and Meli's and of course Mark and Michelle flew in with the girls..Meli was miserable 8 months pregnant and doctors told us she wasn't going to make it to her due date which meant Aiden could come anytime in these next couple of weeks I was hoping it would be before I went for the Tribute to the Troops event...with everyone running around and laughing I found my wife in the kitchen with our mothers...I kissed her cheek "Go sit down get off your feet."

Meli shook her head "I'm fine.."

Joana spoke "Don't be so stubborn...we got this go relax.."

She sighed "Fine.."

I shook my head slightly as she walked outside where the kids kids were running around and playing.."I'm trying to make her as comfortable as possible but its not helping."

Joana sighed "She's nervous Joe...there's a huge possibility you won't be home when she gives birth...that's a lot to take in honey..."

I sighed "I know and I hate that."

She patted my arm "I know my daughter she'll be okay but right now she just needs you."

I nodded "Would you mind keeping Katlyn tonight..Lilly goes back home later."

Joana nodded "I wouldn't mind at all.."

I smiled softly "Thanks Joana."

She smiled "Anytime.."

It was a great day with the family..after Tessa picked up Lilly I got Katlyn ready to leave with Joana and Duke "You be good for Nana and Pop okay."

Katlyn nodded "Kay daddy."

I buckled her into her carseat "Mommy and daddy will see you tomorrow..."

She nodded "Bye bye daddy."

I kissed her forehead then closed the door..I stopped as Joana touched my arm "I'll call if anything happens."

Joana nodded then got in the car

When they drove off I went inside to be with my wife...while she was in the shower I was picking up toys when I heard Meli yell my name...I ran upstairs seeing my heavily pregnant wife sitting on the floor "Baby what happened?"

Meli winced "Contractions..I had to just sit down.."

I rubbed her arms "Has your water broke?"

She shook her head "Not yet but I know these are the real deal..."

I helped her up "Sit on the bed I'll get our stuff.."

Meli nodded "Okay."

I helped her sit and quickly changed into sweats and a shirt...I got our stuff and ran it out to the car doubling checking that the carseat was in...I ran back in and got my shorts and tshirt clad wife helping her downstairs and out to the car..after locking up we took off...I took Meli's hand squeezing it slightly not taking my eyes off the road "Hang in there baby we'll be there soon."

She sighed "I'm trying.."

When we finally got to the hospital I got Meli inside and checked in then went out and got our stuff...I sat them by the corner as I watched the nurses hook everything up "What's the verdict?"

The older nurse smiled "Well as soon as monitor was put on she had a contraction...with our a doubt little man is coming tonight a little early but he'll be just fine."

I nodded "Thanks Lisa."

She smiled "Don't worry about it Mr Anoa'i it's my job.."

I walked over to Meli's side as they walked out..I smoothed her hair out of her face "I love you baby."