Chapter 20

*Meli's pov*

This was not something I wanted to go through I sat in a hospital room after Joe had to have emergency surgery...my brother happened to be in town yesterday and took Katlyn home..we had found out last week we would be welcoming a son our little Aiden Parker...the girls decided they liked Aiden..they also changed my due date to December 20th...I sat watching my husband sleep...this honestly scared the hell out of me..I looked up as the nurse walked in "Hi Tina.."

Tina smiled "Good morning Mrs. Anoa'i...have you eaten?"

I smiled "Yes one of the nurses brought me a breakfast sandwich and dunkin donuts...and its Meli.."

She smiled "I bet that is one happy baby."

I smiled "I think I put him in a food coma.."

Tina smiled as she checked Joe's lines "How far along are you now?"

I smiled "5 months."

She smiled "A Christmas baby.."

I laughed "Yeah our girls seem to think Santa is bringing them a baby brother."

Tina smiled "You have two girls?"

I nodded "Well one is mine the oldest is my stepdaughter love her to pieces though."

She smiled "Stepchildren are fun...I have two..love them as much as I love my 3..I have one son from a previous relationship and two with my husband."

I smiled "Big family..."

Tina smiled "Well I'll be back later to check on him again..take it easy Meli."

I smiled softly as she walked out...I got up and opted to take full advantage of the shower...I walked in seeing Joe sitting up slightly "Baby."

Roman gave me a sleepy smile."Hey.."

I walked over giving him a soft kiss on the lips "Don't ever scare me like that again."

He smiled "Don't worry Blondie I won't."

I sighed softly "I'm holding you to it Anoa'i.."

A knock came to door and in walked Colby and Jon."Up for visitors?"

I smiled "Hey guys.."

Dean kissed my cheek "How ya feelin?"

I smiled softly "I'm good...I'll let you guys talk I'm gonna call and check on the girls."

Roman smiled slightly "Tell the girls I love them."

I nodded "I will.."

He nodded "Okay."

I have him a quick kiss and walked out phone in hand...

*Roman's pov*

I never felt so helpless...and seeing how worried Meli was...5 months pregnant but here she sat by my side..I sighed deeply "She won't leave."

Seth nodded "Can't say I blame her man...this shit scared the hell out of all of us.."

I nodded "It did me too."

He nodded "She was a mess while she waited on Lucas to pick up Katlyn..Nikki ended up keeping her so she could get here to you."

I nodded "I just want to go home see my girls..work on getting better..get ready for my son.."

Dean nodded "And you will brother...you had a surgery man..your pregnant wife was is worried as hell...let her be that now your wife.."

I nodded "I don't know if I can man."

He nodded "I get it man trust me...nothing wrong with letting your wife take care of you."

I nodded "Yeah guess you're right."

Dean laughed "Of course I am..."

After a while the guys left..I looked over at my wife who sat on a pull out bed "That can't be comfortable for you or the baby."

Meli shrugged "I'll survive."

I sighed "Baby please."

She looked at me "Joe I'm not leaving...our girls are fine..Aiden is fine...until they tell me I get to take you home I'm staying right here."

I sighed "I'm not used to this babe."

Meli got up and walked over sitting on the bed by my good side "Remember when I broke my arm playing football with you, Lukas, and the others...you wouldn't leave my side till my mom got there..you showed up everyday bring me food or whatever...I'm doing that now..taking care of my husband..the father of my children..."

I place my hand on hers "I love you."

She smiled softly "I love you too."

I smiled moving my hand to her stomach "How's our boy?"

Meli smiled "Good..."

I nodded "Lay next to me."

She looked at me "Joe I don't know."

I sighed "I just need to have you next to me."

Meli nodded and layed beside me "Let me know if you start hurting."

I kissed her forehead "I will."

She nodded "Okay."

We layed in a comfortable silence until she fell asleep..I had a small smile on my face as Tina walked in "Hey."

Tina smiled "Looks like she couldn't last any longer.."

I nodded "Yeah.."

She smiled "Bet you're ready to get back to those babies."

I nodded "Definitely gonna suck not being able to hold them...but I get to be home for a while.."

Tina nodded as she checked my iv "So tell me how old are your girls?"

I smiled "5 1/2 and 2 1/2...this little guy is due at the end of December."

She smiled "Fun...well Joe you're all set if you need anything just holler."

I nodded "Will do.."

Tina smiled and walked out

I looked down at my sleeping wife and decided to do the same myself

Author's Note

It's a boy!!!!!