Chapter 25

*Roman's pov*

We were full force getting ready for Money in Bank which was this weekend...for the week the kids were in Hawaii with my family and later this summer we would take a week off and spend time with the kids as a late celebration for our 1 year anniversary...after Money in the Bank Meli and I would begin a storyline with Bray Wyatt...eventually it would lead to me and Jon teaming up again..today was a slow day we had a house show later so Meli insisted I go do something with with the guys and she went out with the girls..I stood looking through some toys for the girls and Aiden..I sighed "I got one kid who loves dolls, one that loves music, and one who if it makes noise he's happy."

Dean laughed "Well what doll doesn't Lil have, get Kat a guitar...and get Aiden one of those baby phones.."

I laughed "You're becoming a pro..."

He laughed "Rachel has a niece and nephew the same age as Lilly and Aiden."

I nodded picking up the toys "Just an fyi I'm blaming you for the guitar."

Dean laughed "I'll take the blame gladly."

I laughed as we kept walking "Meli is leaving next summer."

He looked at me "What why?"

I smiled "Katlyn will be starting school next fall...Meli sees it as time to be home..she's going to go into business with her sister-in-law."

Dean nodded "Makes sense...Meli is all about those kids."

I nodded "She is..she spent a whole day with the girls the other day...a whole spa day..I spent the whole day watching sports with Aiden..but I missed my girls.."

He nodded after I paid and met up with the guys to eat...he looked at me"Has Meli heard about the article with Brooks yet?"

I nodded "It hurt her..she's got passed it but reading what he said about her hurt her..and the reality that sooner or later Katlyn is going to have questions as to why her siblings look like me but she doesn't.."

Jimmy nodded "Y'all will figure it out.."

I nodded "I'm just glad she's not old enough to get on computers and things like that...but man one day she will and I'm not ready for that."

John leaned forward "You are then only dad that little girl has ever known..he stepped away he gave her up..you'very sat up for nightmares, fevers, tea parties all that...you may not be the reason she's here but you're her dad in every way that matter."

Jimmy nodded "He's right Joe....DNA don't mean shit...look at Duke and Meli...he's just as much her dad as Mark is..sure Katlyn is going to have questions but when she learns the truth she'll realize you're all the dad she will ever need."

I smiled slightly "Thanks guys."

Dean nodded "Its nothing brother...we all love that little girl just as much as you and Meli...hell we love all 3 of those kids...we know the shit that happened and we all have your back completely.."

John nodded "Exactly."

I smiled "I know.."

He nodded "Good..."

I nodded after a while we headed back to the hotel..I walked in finding my wife looking through bags "Hey."

Meli looked up "Hey.."

I walked over wrapping my arms around her waist "You okay?"

She nodded "Yeah..."

I pressed a kiss to her shoulder "Pay no mind to it baby...we'll get through it."

Meli sighed "I'm trying.."

I nodded "No matter what he says you've done right by Katlyn...he made those choices all on his own..he walked away..I made the choice to adopt Katlyn on my...when she is older she will know what you've done for her."

She turned facing me "My biggest fear is that she is going to hate me...that she'll blame me..I can't handle that..."

I took her face in my hands "Don't do that to yourself..."

Meli sighed "I can handle what the media thinks of me I can't my daughter.."

I shook my head "Katlyn is a momma's girl nothing Phil does will change that.."

She moved into my arms "Why is he doing this?"

I sighed "I don't know baby..."

Meli sighed "We need to go.."

I kissed her forehead "Yeah."

She looked at me "I love you."

I smiled "I love you too."

Meli smiled "I know.."

After we got our stuff we headed to the show...everything went smoothly the show went great...the drive to the next town was quiet...I was ready to get home to my kids

Author's Note.

Meli and Punk come face to face for the first time in nearly 2 years..

Meli finalizes the plans for her retirement