Chapter 10

*Meli's pov*

With the WWE in Europe for next week and a half I stayed home with Katlyn...Phil and I had met with lawyers and the paperwork had begun for him to sign over rights...it wasn't what I wanted and it was breaking my heart for my daughter but this was Phil's decision and nothing I said was changing his mind and it hurt of course this meant my dad, step mom and sisters took the chance to visit me and Kat..with dad out doing his own thing I sat outside with Michelle as Kaia sat on my lap while Chasey, Gracie and Katlyn ran around the yard..."I just don't know what to do...it feels like he just gave up...I mean when we talked it was the most sincere I've seen him in a long time."

Michelle nodded "What does your dad say?"

I sighed "He's just furious..so is Gunner, Duke, and Lucas...mom is level headed she made me see there is no way I can make him change his mind no matter how much I want him too."

She nodded "She's right though..its like your dad just walking away from you, Gunner, Chasey and Gracie because he's with me...of course he wouldn't we know this but yes Duke raised you but he's your dad Mark made sure of that...Phil just walked away leaving that little girl to lean towards another man as her dad."

I nodded "I tried for months to keep Katlyn from bonding too much with Joe for Phil then he does this...I'm not angry I'm heartbroken...I just want to know a real reason..not just he's doing what's best for Katlyn.'

Michelle nodded "Maybe this is what's best he's never been reliable you two had just split up when you found out you were pregnant you decided to try and make it work...he was gone all the time...and the cheating...maybe him doing this will be good for Kat."

I sighed "Leaving my daughter without a father."

She shook her head "Katlyn has so many men in her life who love her...and you are marrying a man who adores her...who is completely in love with you...focus on that honey..that's more important keeping that sweet girl happy."

I smiled softly "Thanks Michelle..you know its so much easier to talk to you about this than it is mom...she's level headed about it and it helps but I need a little more than that."

Michelle nodded "I'm glad you can...it was an awkward start for us."

I nodded "My dad dating a girl 6 1/2 years older than me...it was awkward but I saw how happy you made him..he was smiling again...so I got over it..and I think we formed a pretty great relationship...plus Katlyn adores her Mimi.."

She smiled "I adore her too.."

We talked for a long time letting the girls play even ordering pizza..when they left I gave Katlyn a bath after I got her to bed I started cleaning house as we were going to Pensacola to spend time with my mom and Duke..and of course visit Sika and Patricia...as I was doing laundry my phone rang I smiled seeing Joe's name across my screen I answered "Well hello handsome."

"Good morning my beautiful fiancé."

I smiled "It may be morning for you but its night time here."

"I know..how was your day?"

I smiled as I put the last load in the dryer "Great...Katlyn, Chasey, Gracie, and Kaia all played I had a great talk with Michelle..after we all had breakfast together."

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

I smiled "Well me and Katlyn are driving up to Pencecola for a few days...Tessa is letting me take Lilly too since they have half a day tomorrow and no school Friday.."

"Wait what...she added you to the pick up list?"

I nodded "I was rather shocked when she called and told me...so yeah tomorrow I get to pick Lilly up from school...I take her home Sunday."

"You in a car with both our girls for 6 hours."

I laughed "I've dealt with you, Jon, Colby, and Katy...I can manage a 5 year old and 1 1/2 year old..plus built in DVD player remember."

"You're a saint baby.."

I smiled "Just a very well trained traveling mom."

"I have something to ask you..."

I nodded as I walked upstairs to our room "Okay."

"When this deal with Phil is finalized...I want to adopt Katlyn."

I just stopped "You don't have to Joe..."

"I know but I've been thinking for the past month...I love you...I love Katlyn...I want to do this.."

I slowly sat down "Are you sure?"

"Yes baby I'm sure.."

I smiled softly "Okay..yes."

"Yes?"

I nodded "We're a family right."

"I love you.."

I smiled softly "I love you too..."

"We'll be back in the States Wednesday."

I smiled "Can't wait."

"I will say set up a sitter.."

I smiled "I'll talk to my mom.."

"What time is it there?"

I smiled softly "Nearly 1 am."

"Get some sleep baby call me when you get up...I love you."

I smiled "I love you too..goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I hung up and finished packing after plugging up my phone I went to sleep with a smile on my face

Author's Note

Roman wants to adopt Katlyn!!!!

Will they push up the wedding date?