Chapter 27

*Meli's pov*

Things were hectic this coming Sunday was Battleground and Joe was going one on one with Windham...also my dad was to make a surprise return against Brock...after some talking to Vince, my dad, mom, Paul, and Stephanie I decided to air my truth about Phil's interview...this was with a magazine...me and Aj were on good terms at last when she left we both grew a lot these past 2 1/2 years we weren't friends but we talked from time to time..I told her I was doing this interview she actually urged me to be honest even if it appeared bad on her...I sat waiting so I text Joe *I'm nervous about how this will go..I usually don't want people in my personal life but I have to do this -Meli* *It will be fine babe..I understand completely how you're feeling about this I've had the same concerns when Katlyn is older but its not right to let Phil drag you through the mud..you have every right to defend yourself -Joe* I smiled to myself *I knew I loved you for a reason...I just don't want this to blow back on some bullshit for the company- Meli* *You're not doing this as Meli James..or Reigns...hell or even Calaway..your doing this as Melanie Anoa'i..wife and mom...not a WWE Superstar..- Joe* *I love you.-Meli* *I love you too -Joe* I looked up seeing people walk in *They're here I'll see you later -Meli* I sat my phone down and stood up silently thankful Rachel tagged along "Hi Meli Anoa'i."

The woman smiled "Erin Daniels...its a pleasure to meet you..I'm a big fan...of both you and your husband."

I smiled "Well thank you."

She sat down "Is any question off limits."

I shook my head "I'm an open book today."

Erin nodded "Okay we're going to film this for the website is that okay?"

I nodded "Yes.."

She nodded and got everything set up "Hi I'm Erin Daniels I'm here with Melanie Anoa'i..better known as Meli James...or as the fans call her Meli Reigns..how are you today Meli?"

I smiled "I'm great..I was just checking up on my little ones before you walked in."

Erin nodded "How many do you have?"

I smiled "Two a boy and a girl...and I have a step-daughter."

She smiled "Aww how old are they.."

I smiled softly "My stepdaughter will be 7 in November, my daughter is 3 1/2..and my son is 8 months.."

Erin nodded "Now you and I spoke on the phone last week about this and you wanted to address an interview done last month with Cm Punk or Phil Brooks as you know him..an interview that shined a harsh light on you."

I nodded "A lot of people know I was in a relationship with CM Punk for a long time..what a lot of people did know until that interview that we had a child together.."

She nodded "Your daughter?"

I nodded "Yes...he's made it seem like I'm just this evil woman that I kept her away from him but that's not how this played out at all..everything that has happened over these past nearly 3 years I never wanted for my daughter.."

Erin nodded "How so?"

I sighed "I was at the height of my career when I found out I was pregnant devestated but it all happens for a reason...I made the best of it I made Chicago home for this little family I thought I was building..when I was unable to travel I put my focus on my daughter...I returned in August of 2012 by November it bad blown all to hell I had found out straight from is own mouth that Phil had been sleeping with a now former coworker from the time I left till he got caught..."

She nodded "Might I ask who?"

I shook my head "I won't release her name people close to me know I don't want hell for her we have hashed this out we're good not friends but we talk..we both got jerked around by him...I just had more to lose."

Erin nodded "What else?"

I sighed "My husband was there he helped me...we were high school sweethearts...but when we started dating again that when this all went south..my daughter got close to Joe..Roman...I tried to make things easy I let Phil keep her some weekends because I moved us back to Florida..but when I discovered the new girlfriend was the girl who he has been sleeping with our entire relationship I knew this girl so I put my foot down..he stopped coming around...it was excuse after excuse..shortly before my daughter's 2nd birthday Phil came to me he decided to give her up.."

She nodded "Did you try to stop him?"

I nodded "I begged him not to...I grew up in separate houses..I just wanted him to be there for her..he was set on it..so the papers were signed..Joe came to me and asked to adopt Katlyn since we were getting married that summer..I agreed and he did...I didn't force Phil into anything like he is making it seem like I did...and Joe was never invloved unless it was to defend me."

Erin nodded "On a lighter note..now is it raising children and handling a marriage on the road?"

I smiled "Well it takes work I'm a working mom I miss my kids when I can't bring them with me..with my husband we take time for each other whether its going to the gym together or lounging out watching a movie..we're mom and dad...we're wrestlers..but we're a couple..our relationship is just as important as our relationship with our kids.."

She smiled "Indeed."

After a while the interview was over and I left..I walked into the hotel room "Joe.."

Roman walked out in jeans with a towel around his shoulders "Hey babe..how did it go?"

I sighed "Good...have you called the kids?"

He nodded "Lilly lost another tooth...Katlyn is trying to talk Matt and Lucas getting a cat..and Aiden is still trying to pull himself up."

I smiled softly as I changed into jeans and a tshirt "I can't wait to get home.."

Roman nodded "Next Wednesday we get to go home."

I smiled pulling my hair back in a messy bun "Not soon enough..."

He took my hand pulling me closer "I love you."

I smiled "I love you.."

Roman smiled "We need to go babe."

I nodded "Let's go.."

He gave me a quick kiss "C'mon."

I got our stuff and left..the house show went great...collapsing in bed was even better

Author's Note

Meli teams up with Roman and Dean

Father and daughter have a heart to heart