C.2

Michael's P.O.V

I bolted my head up quickly. Did he just...

"You look surprised." He sighs.

My eyes widen. His voice- it's so perfect... smooth and sweet... he's got an Australian accent... like me.

"Luke-" I cut off my sentence with a gasp.

He's crying.

I throw my blanket aside and jumped to my feet. I run to Luke, kneeling down in front of him.

"Luke, Luke!" I look up at him. "What's wrong?!"

"W-well... you seemed to not like me speaking- crap am I speaking right now?!" He hits his head against the wall repetitively. "Bad, bad! Shut up!"

I grab his head and faced it towards me.

"No Luke! Stop! Shh! It's okay."

He starts to cry even more. What the hell do I do?

I don't want to do this... but...

I hug him.

My arms wrap around Luke's neck, with his head on my shoulder. I pat his back, trying to comfort him.

I whispered, "Luke, I want to hear your voice. I was just amazed at..." should I tell him? Oh what the hell. "it sounded so good. I really like it."

"Really?" He sniffs.

"Yes."

He starts to calm down, but I am still hugging him. Luke seems to like the hug, it comforts him, and to be honest, I like it too.

Maybe he just needs someone to be here for him besides his mother. I want to be that person.

Luke's a great person. He seems to care about me, letting me sit on the bean bag and use the blanket. He's in a wheelchair... and got me that stuff.

He cares, and I want him to know that I'm starting to care about him too.

I'm ashamed of myself for not wanting to see him at first. He means no harm, he just wants to be normal, and he needs friends. So different isn't so bad after all...?

"Uhm..." He says quietly.

Oh, crap I forgot. I laugh and pull away from the hug.

He is blushing, once again. He turns away and smiles.

"So," what do I say?

"Let me show you something!" Luke shouted. Oh, okay.

He gets out of his wheelchair and drags himself on the ground.

"Do you need hel-"

"No."

Luke keeps dragging himself over to a drawer and opens it slowly. He then grabs a drawing book and a pencil.

He gets back on his wheelchair.

"You like to draw?" I ask.

"No, I love to draw." He smiles. "Come over here!"

I laugh and walk closer to Luke. He opens to the first page, making me gasp. He's amazing.

There is a drawing of Gerard Way, the singer in My Chemical Romance. He drew skull face paint, which is what the band usually did. The shading is perfect, it looks so real.

"Looks like crap?" He asks.

"No... Luke, this is amazing. It looks so real... How did you learn to do this?"

"Self-taught. Took about," he pauses "six years of practice."

My eyes widened.

"How old are you...?"

"Fifteen."

Oh, so he's two years younger than me?

"Cool, I'm seventeen."

He smile. "I expected you to be nineteen."

"Oh?"

"Mhm. You have one of those faces. So, do you know who I drew?"

"Gerard Way."

"Correct, and what's he from?"

"My chemical romance."

"Correct again. You're good at this. Do you like the band?"

"Of course I do. Is this a gameshow?" I laugh.

Luke grins, "Favorite song by them?"

"Mama."

Luke rolls over to his bed, grabbing his iPhone under his pillow. Hah, I wonder why it's under there.

"Privacy." Luke said, it's like he read my mind.

Mama starts playing and I smile. I then start to sing.

"Mama, we'll all go to hell. Mama we all go to hell. I'm writing this letter and wishing you well, mama we all go to hell..."

I stopped singing.

"Go on." Luke smiles.

"Oh well now mama, we're all gonna die.
Mama we're all gonna die.
Stop asking me questions I'd hate to see you cry,
mama we're all gonna die!

And when you go don't blame us, yeah!
We let the fire just baaathe us, yeah! You made us all so famous,
We'll never let you gooo!
And when you go don't return to me my love.
Mama, we all go to hell!
Mama we all go to hell!
It's really quite pleasant except for the smell.
Mama, we all go to heeeeell!!!
*screaming*"

Luke covers the lower part of his face with his hands. He blushes a lot, but I like it, it's cute.

"You're a good singer. Just when you screamed," he tries to keep his laugh in, "it was hilarious."

Hah, that's sweet.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"So..." he turns on another song, "this is my favorite song by them."

The Black Parade. I could tell by the first note.

Luke bites his lip and looks at the ceiling, then starts tapping his foot to the beat.

"When I was a young boy,
My father took me into the city,
To see a marching band,
He said 'Son when you grow up,
Would you be the savior of the broken,
The beaten and the damned..."

He sang the rest of the song. Once Luke was finished I smile. He is so perfect... his singing voice, talking voice, looks... God damn.

"Wow." I gasp.

"I'm not good." He laughs.

"No, you're not."

Luke frowned.

"You're amazing."

He giggles. Oh shit, that giggle...

"Thank you." Luke smiles.

I start to feel more tired, so I walk over to the beanbag and lay down, putting the blanket over me.

I start to doze off, nodding to everything he's saying. That's when everything turns black.