C.11

Michael's P.O.V

"We'll both go in too. I'd like to see how you'd put it on." Calum says as him and Luke follow me into the bathroom.

There's a horrible stench coming from the bathroom, I can barely breathe. Luke flenches once we get to the door.

"Should we do this somewhere else?" I ask.

"No, here is fine." Calum grins.

I hesitantly open the door. The bad oder smacks me in the face and I walk backwards.

"I'm not doing it here Calum." I cringe.

"Yes you are. Come on."

Calum pushes me into the horrid smelling room, dragging Luke behind him.

"There's a mirror right there." Calum points to it.

My legs drag over to the cracked mirror.

"Bleach." I say, reaching my hand out to Calum.

I feel the bottle being placed in my hand. Sighing, I bleach my hair.

After waiting a couple minutes, I put in the red dye which turns my hands into a blood shot color. It looks as if I murdered someone recently.

"Done." I gag and wash my hands.

"Doesn't look ready."

"It takes a while Calum." I sigh.

"Oh okay so while we wait, what?"

"Well I really want to go outside. It smells bad in here." Luke crumbles his nose, making me blush slightly at how adorable he is.

"Sure." Calum smiles.

----

We're laying ontop of Calum's car, looking at the star filled sky.
"So..." Calum pauses, "what are all of your life stories?"

Silence.

Calum coughs, "okay."

"Wait," I start," I guess i can tell you about my father? He always fought with my mother, so my mother left him and took me at the age of 6. Once I was 9 she was remarried and we were happy until he started to drink. My mother found out he was cheating on her, having many affairs with women. My mother let it slip past her. She was blind. One night my father didn't come back. He never came back. So here we are, just me and my mother. Doesn't hurt me, at least we're happy- well... besides what happened tonight."

"God I'm sorry. That fucking sucks." Calum sighs. "Me, I just moved out and stayed with Ashto- shit we have to get back soon, he's probably done with work by now!"

"Oh, God, okay."

"We still have time."

My head tilts to Luke who's expressionless and staring at one specific star.

"That looks like the star that shone when my father told my mother he was leaving." Luke whispers as if he sees me watching him.

I frown and look at the star too. So he saw his father leave him...

"I don't know... he was pretty abusive at home. Always yelling and hitting me and my mother. She never gave up on him, no matter how much pain he put us through
"It seemed as if she didn't care I was being hurt. Sometimes the words hurt, but when he slapped me it felt worse. He even sometimes..." Luke pauses and sighs, "cut me. But I don't know I- I just don't know. Also, the reason my legs don't work.. They were supposed to be a-amputated but they weren't. He was the one who did this... He tried to kill me by running me over with his car because I was defending my mother. H-He only got my legs to not work anymore. That's why I didn't talk... I didn't want to get hurt or anyone to get hurt..."

Tears forms in his eyes, making my throat burn. His father did this to him..

"Oh my god..." I gasp, scooting closer to Luke.

"Michael, d-don't feel bad for me. It doesn't matter anymore." Luke looks down, sobbing.

"No! It does matter Luke..." I say, wrapping my arms around him. No one like Luke deserves that.. he's such a good person.

Luke clenches onto my shirt, crying more. I just stay next to him, holding him close. He needs this time to cry, to let it out.

For some reason I start to cry, thinking about Luke being abused. Luke, the innocent perfect person. Everyone should love him... no one should hurt him.

"M-Michael..." Luke looks up at me. "I should of got help... My mother was innocent and blind. If I would have reported it I wouldn't be like this... And my mother wouldn't have gone through it for so long."

"No! Luke! Please it's not your fault. You didn't know, it's okay!

"Okay..." Luke whispers, resting his head on my chest, making my shirt damp from his tears.

Calum looks expressionless. He doesn't exactly know what to think of this. Which I don't blame him, it's a lot to take in at once.

After it gets silent, I notice that where his head is planted on my chest, I feel sparks. What the hell, sparks? This doesn't mean anything.

Slowly, I scoot away. I do not like Luke that way, no.

"We- uh- should probably wash my hair now." I gulp.

"Oh, maybe we should do it at my house." Calum smiles.

"Then why the hell did we get the hair dye in the first place? If we're not going to eat?!" I gasp.

"Well, maybe your hair was fading a little and it sort of needed it?"

"Okay, fine." I say, laughing.

"I'm so hungry though." Luke whines.

"We have food at my house, you know. I want to get to Ashton too. Just come on let's go. You guys want to stay the night?" Calum asks.

Luke nods, sniffing.

"Sure." I bite my lip.

Calum and I hop off the car, and Luke gets help from Calum. I go to the back, thinking Luke would want to ride shotgun. Apparently, that's not what he wants, he wants to be next to me.

Luke scoots beside me (with his arms), not caring that there's another seat besides the middle seat.

"Thanks for that, I feel a lot better." Luke sheepishly grins.

"Any time. That's what friends are for." I smile.

"Friends."

"Yeah, are we not?"

"Yes! I mean no! We are f-friends! God what am I saying... Just forget that."

Sighing, I nod my head. Apparently, Luke doesn't like the word 'friends.'

----

EDITED!!! ;-)

Love you guys,
KillerMarshmallows