C.6

AN - Finally! A chapter with over 1K words!!

Michael's P.O.V

"I didn't mean for that to sound awkward." Luke says.

"No, no. It didn't, don't worry. Want me to call you Lukey?"

"If-- you want. I guess I feel more comfortable with it, considering that my mother calls me Lukey."

"Okay Lukey." I grin.

He laughs and looks out the window. Why is he so awkward? Not like that's a bad thing. He is pretty cute, awkwardly cute? Hm, I guess I'll describe him as being awkwardly cute.

We're getting close, there are a few buildings starting to appear and some more gangs. Gangs against someone in a wheelchair... I am going to keep him safe. I have this feeling as if I care about him, and I don't want him to get hurt.

He's starting to mean a lot to me. It's just so weird that I could feel this way about someone I just met.

"Michael! Michael! Look!" Luke squeals and grabs my arm, pointing at a store.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Hottopic! They have really cool shirts in there!"

God, the kid that has a pink door and a pink room likes dark clothing likes hottopic?? That store is gothic! Wait, didn't he wear pink socks before?!

He must have different sides to him. One side is being cute, the other side is gothic? I'm not too sure about that other side yet, but it's starting to slowly appear. God, he's so confusing.

I bite my lip,

"Let's go there. Then we can see what movie is playing."

"Sounds great!" He smiles.

We arrive and wait for the gang to get off the bus. Then, I help him off of the bus.

"This way!" Luke shouts, pointing towards hottopic.

I laugh and follow. At the moment I'm focusing on his arms.

They're so small, yet so strong. You can see that every time he rolls the wheelchair, a bone pokes out.

Luke's starting to huff, it's a long walk.

"Luke- I mean Lukey, let me help."

"I'm fin-"

I push his wheelchair as he looks up at me.

"Oh, okay." He smiles.

I feel uncomfortable that people are glaring at us. Is something wrong? Can't they accept that I'm trying to help someone who's disabled. God, forget them.

We arrive with a Luke about to bounce out of his chair with excitement.

"Look! Look! A Pierce the Veil T!" He screams.

I laugh.

"You like that band too?"

"Everyone does."

Sure Luke, sure they do.

Luke turns his head gasping and freezing.

"Luke??"

"GOD ROLL ME OVER THERE!!"

"Okay! Okay! Sheesh!"

I roll him over to where he's pointing.

"LOOK!"

He picks up a penguin hat, shoving it in my face.

"Try it on." I smirk.