chapter fourteen

•Tessa's point of view•

Sodapop had just punched Bob, I looked at him in disbelief, "That was fucking awesome, you saved me," "I would never let him hurt you," "Is your fist okay?" "Yeah it's fine...just a little bruised," "Let me make it feel better." I took his hand and softly kissed his knuckles, he smiled, "That actually feels way better," "I knew it would." He gazed at me and moved a strand of hair out of my face and put it behind my ear, "Tessa I can't stop thinking about you," "I can't stop thinking about you either," "What am I gonna do when you leave?" "Find someone else."

•Ponyboy's point of view•

I went to the snack bar to get some popcorn when I saw Cherry speed walking around looking for something, I stepped out of line and came up to her, "Cherry, what are you looking for?" "Bob, have you seen him?" "Actually yeah, a few minutes ago, he and Tessa walked away to buy some popcorn," "Why?" "He felt bad about harassing her a few days ago," "My Bob Sheldon would never harass anyone," "Your Bob Sheldon?" "Yeah, he's my boyfriend." Of course he is, Cherry is dating soc king. I don't know why she ever dated me, but of course out of all people she picks Bob.

•Cherry's point of view•

I had just walked away from Ponyboy, I could tell he was jealous that I'm dating Bob now...but it's whatever. I decided to go check and see if Bob left, I was already kinda pissed that he was buying another girl popcorn. I went near the parking lot and saw Tessa and Sodapop standing near Bob's car talking, I looked to the ground and saw Bob lying there unconscious.
The pair didn't even seem to care, I was furious...why would anyone punch my Bob. This calls for war, that Tessa bitch is going down.

•Marty's point of view•

I realized that Tessa had been gone for awhile, suddenly she came back, "Hey Tess, you were gone forever," "Oh...sorry. Bob and I were just talking about Tulsa and stuff," "Did he hurt you?" "Oh...no, not at all."

•Sodapop's point of view•

On our walk back home, I fell into step with Steve and Dallas, "Guys you gotta help me," Dal eyed me up, "With what?" "With Tessa, I like her a lot and I can't stand not being with her," "Dude let it go, she's literally leaving...why are you so attached?" "I don't know, but you gotta help me." Steve thought for a second, "Get a girlfriend," "What?" "Get a girl, and get over Tessa," "But-" "Sodapop Patrick Curtis, if you want the help...then your gonna get it," "Are you sure this is the right thing to do?" "Of course it is!."

•Tessa's point of view•

November 3rd (Friday)

In two whole days...I'm leaving 1965...for probably ever. If I'm being honest I don't wanna leave, of course I miss my parents and my sister...but otherwise I like it here.

•Sodapop's point of view•

I was at the station talking with Steve, "Do I really have to go on a date with some girl tonight?" "Uh yeah, your going to the Dingo to have a good time," "I will not have a good time," "Will you quit your whining, the girl will be here any minute," "Why is she coming now?" "To meet you before the date...duh!""What girl is it again?" "Her name is Lorraine Baines, she's from the soc side," "What? She don't wanna go on a date with a greaser," "Yes she does, she's obsessed with you," "How the hell did you get her to come?" "Dally took care of it for me." I rolled my eyes, suddenly a girl walked into the DX station...it was Loraine Baines.

Lorraine Baines <3

She looked at me and smiled, "Sodapop Curtis, your still looking great," "Uh hey Lorraine, did we used to go to school together?" "Yeah! We had Bio together," "Oh right

She looked at me and smiled, "Sodapop Curtis, your still looking great," "Uh hey Lorraine, did we used to go to school together?" "Yeah! We had Bio together," "Oh right." She smiled at me, "So are you excited for our date tonight?" "Yeah...it will be fun," "Do you wanna pick me up around 7:30?" "Yeah that works," "Alright let me give you my address." She wrote down her address and handed it to me, "See you tonight!." She kissed my cheek and walked out of the DX station, I turned to Steve, "I am gonna hate every single second of this date tonight," "If you wanna get Tessa out of your mind, this is how you gotta do it."

Later that night after work, I got home and snuck upstairs and got ready. At around 7:15 it was go time for my stupid date, the gang was distracted by the tv. I quietly went downstairs and headed for the door, the second my hand touched the door handle Two-Bit opened his mouth, "Hey Soda where are you going?" "Uh out," "Where?" "None of your business." Tessa looked at me with her questioning eyes, Steve tried to cover me, "Soda's going out to get groceries." Steve is my best friend, but he's also very bad at lying, Ponyboy piped up, "He's going to get groceries all dressed up?", Steve looked at him and panicked, "Uh actually it's time for Sodapop to get going, bye Soda!!." He pushed me out the door...leaving me to fend for myself on this stupid date.

________________________________
yikes
XOXO
~kass<3