Chapter 5: Orders

Jennette took one look at the being's form and could say with certainty that what she summoned was not a spirit...

...but a demon.

*************

Jennette gulped, but there was no way she was going to back down now.

After the light from the magic circle faded, what was left was the form of a man with messy ,silver hair and sharp, red eyes. He was rather tall, had pale skin, and was much less menacing that Jennette had originally assumed.

At a closer inspection, although he was quite handsome, he appeared only to be in his twenties. "How come your eyes are the same as the moron who last summoned me? Are you two related or something?"

Unknowingly, a smile formed across her face at the annoyed glare the man shot her. "Perhaps give me your name before you start questioning me."

... The silver haired demon seemed to be shocked by audacity, judging by how his mouth opened and closed like a gaping fish. "Draco" he said after a long while.

Jennette cocked her head to the side and gave a closed eyed smile. "Well then, Draco....how strong are you?"

That seemed to be the right question, as the demon immediately puffed up his chest. "The strongest there is. Have you read about the holy war a few centuries back? I started that. The great dying? Yeah, that was me." He gloated pridefully.

The new summoner hummed, thinking. 'if he caused so many disasters, then that must means hes strong enough to go toe to toe with Lucas..'  She gave a pleased smile. "This is a life contract correct? You do my bidding in exchange for mana?" She clarified.

Draco rolled his eyes but nodded nonetheless. "Pretty much."

A terrible, terrible idea struck her. It would most certainty make her a bad person, but it didn't hurt anyone. At least not necessarily.

"On the imperial grounds, there is a mana beast roaming around..." Jennette paused, realizing just what she was about to do. "Destroy the beast." She ordered.

So what it Athanasia couldn't use magic? She didn't have magic in "The Lovely Princess" and she was fine. She didn't need magic as well as Claude's love.

She was just.....

leveling the playing field.