Chapter 28: From Rubies to Emeralds

After a moment of still silence, Jennette suddenly remembered something. "Daddy, when will I be moving to the Emerald palace with Athy?" She asked innocently. What was taking so long.

"Today."

*************

Way to give a girl notice, Claude!

Jennette choked on the cake in her mouth, her eyes bulging out of her head. "T-today!? When were you planning on telling me?" She said, glaring at the blonde haired man. 'You're practically giving me no time at all!'

The brunette quickly scarfed down the last bits of her cake before she leapt to her feet. Despite being angry, she gave glance her routinely kiss on the cheek. "Bye daddy! I have to go pack!" She called, already rushing towards the Ruby palace with her maids.

"I can't believe he decided to do this now!"

Laura and Mary exchanged amused looks. "That just means his majesty cares for our princess!" The giggled, seeming to know something Jennette did not. The royal shot them a suspicious look, but she couldn't sense any negative energy emitting from them. Simply playful emotions.

Rose sighed in exasperation. "Princess, why don't you visit the Emerald palace first?" She said suddenly. Jennette eyed her as if she had grown another head, but realized that they were already in front of the massive building. The doors of the Emerald palace were wide open, and there were a stream of servants pouring in, each holding a different item.

Jennette stilled. She recognized those items. 'Those are mine!' The servants moved her stuff while she was with Claude! The princess whirled around to face her maids. "You guys were in on it, weren't you?" She asked fondly, a smile etched onto her expression.

Laura and Mary giggled. "Go on! Go! Don't you want to see your new room?" Rose urged, ushering her quickly into the Emerald palace doors. Jennette's breath was taken away at the sight. The emerald palace was magnificent. The entryway was gigantic, the floors were marble, the ceiling had gold detailing, and Crystal chandeliers hung every ten feet. "Wow." She marvel, spinning in place to take it all in.

Laura laughed. "Just wait until you see your room, princess!" Together, her three maids quickly parted through the crowd of servants, making their way up the stairs until they reached the third floor. Jennette's low heels clacked against the floor as Rose led her to a set of grand wooden doors.

Her room was beautiful.

It was easily three times the size of her room in the Ruby palace. The walls were light blue, with white, gold, and darker blue detailing. Her ceiling was golden with gold detailing, and in the center, a golden and Crystal chandelier hung with an air of elegance. She had a lounge area, a tea table, a fireplace, and more. In the center of the room, there was a gigantic, king sized bed for for the Emperor himself. There we're several, large windows, illuminating the room daylight.

Jennette twirled, taking it all in. "It's perfect." She said, slightly breathless. 'I'm going to be extra nice to Claude for at least a week because of this.' She thought, snorting slightly. He deserved it, for being such easy prey.

Sure, it was a bit of a rocky start, but in under a year since she transmigrated, Jennette had managed to: accidentally summon a demon, control her magic, enter the imperial palace, get the staff on her side, earn the affection of Claude, and now move from the Ruby to the Emerald palace.

From Rubies to Emeralds!

A/N: to help people like me who can't imagine things in their head, this is how I imagine Jennette's room to look like.