Chapter 18: Sir Felix

"Her highness will be extremely happy"

*************

"Princess Jennette!"

Rose barreled into the sitting room, a wide grin on her face. "Your highness, I've come with splendid news!" She exclaimed.

Mary and Laura, who were filing one hand as Jennette read a book with the other, immediately stopped. Jennette raised a sculpted brow. "Oh? Do tell." She said, interested.

"His majesty loved the pumpkin porridge. According to the maids at the Garnet palace, he even asked the chefs to try to recreate it!" She gossiped. "As compensation, he specifically ordered items from Belladonna's boutique to be sent to the Ruby palace!"

Mary gasped. "Oh my." Laura tuned to her. "How did you perfectly suit his majesty's taste, princess?"

Jennette smiled cryptically. 'The joys of having knowledge of the future.' Of course it suited Claude's taste. It was his undiscovered favorite food after all. 'Belladonna's boutique, huh?' In this world, it was a right only reserved for Athanasia. 'And now me' She thought vindictively. 'What was she saying? Something about how she'd never let me get close to Claude?~'

Jennette snapped her book shut, smirking.

After dismissing the three maids, she called for her demon. "Draco." She whispered.

Instantly, he appeared in a flash. "You called?" He asked, already flopping down on an unoccupied sofa.

Jennette rolled her eyes at his antics. "Where's Sir Felix at this moment." She asked. Jeweled eyes watched as red ones squinted in focus as Draco ran a hand through his silver hair. "The training grounds....with a few other knights. No emperor in sight." He reported dutifully.

"Thank you, Draco. You may return."

The knight's training ground was built somewhat like an arena, with spectator seats on both sides, and a circular part with packed dirt making up the training area.

Jennette spotted the red hair immediately, even though the man wasn't facing her. "Sir Felix!" She called out.

Said main twitched at the voice, turning his gaze over his shoulder and nearly having a heart attack at the sight of Jennette.

"If you can spare me some time...

...i'd like to speak to you for a moment."