Chapter 8: Eventful debut

Soon, Jennette, Ijekiel, and Roger were bowing before the emperor. "On this momentous day, I would like to present to the royal family one more blessed gift...."

"Your majesty, I present to you your first daughter, Jennette de alger Obelia"

*************

Sensing her que, Jennette glanced up, and met jeweled eyes the same as her own.

The noble gasped, whispering among themselves at the sight of Jennette's jeweled eyes. It was a trait only the royal family had. No one had expected for a new princess to be revealed on the debut of the first.

For the first time since the beginning of the banquet, the emperor spoke to someone else that Athanasia; Jennette.

"My daughter, you say?"

The emperor considered it. The probability of having another child was certainty possible considering his past.......actions before he had met Diana.

"Indeed" Jennette confirmed. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance father." She spoke, loud and clear, her voice soft and sweet. From the moment she made eye contact with Claude, she had been discretely pumping out purified mana, making sure that the chances of him reacting badly were slim.

Another voice cut through the banquet hall. "Daddy, is that girl really my sister?" Standing in the middle of the now parted crowd stood Athanasia. She looked nervous

Jennette's neck nearly snapped to look back at her. 'Athy, what are you doing? Why didn't she immediately accept me? I need your help convincing father!' She tried to say mentally.

Claude leaned back against the golden throne. "I'll hear the details on this in the audience chamber. For now...... Jennette shall reside in the Ruby palace.."

'The Ruby palace? Why am I not in the Emerald palace like Athanasia?' Of course, Jennette would never make her displeasure known. Instead, she forced a smile onto her face at the emperor's decree.

With a flurry of his Imperial garbs, Claude rose from his throne and exited the hall, leaving the guest to soak in the new onslaught of information and a baffled Jennette.

Once the emperor was gone, Jennette let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding, placing a hand on her chest.

Roger immediately took note of this. "Stand up straighter."

"No matter what people say, this is your day now, Princess Jennette."