Chapter 7: Preperation

'With Draco and this stone nothing can stand in my way of a happy ending.'

*************

A few months had passed since Jennette summoned Draco and received a mana stone, and things couldn't be better.

Spring turned into Autumn, and Autumn to Winter. During those 8 months, Jennette had been able to successfully control her dark magic, with the help of Pandora's tear of course. The easiest thing she had learned was how to influence people's emotions. Morally wrong? Debatable. Useful? Absolutely. 

Jennette hummed a tune underneath her breath as she ate her breakfast. Sitting on each end of the table in the Alpheus dining room were the duke, and Ijekiel with Jennette being in the middle.

December approached rapidly, and that meant so did Athanasia's debut.

To her left, Roger ate silently. At first he had been hesitant, but with a little push with her mana, he had begun preparing a well.

Jennette selected the same dress she wore in "The lovely Princess" to make things less difficult (an perhaps to give her a boost of good luck). 

Alas, there was only so much preparation what could be done, and soon the 3rd of December had arrived. 

-X-

The carriage ride to the palace was deathly silent

Jennette didn't realize just how much this day would determine her future until it has arrived. She gripped Pandora's Tear (which she mad made into a necklace) for comfort. 'Calm down. You have Draco and the gem to fall back on.'  She told herself.

The Duke was stoic as always, most likely plotting some scheme and Ijekiel was looking out of the carriage windows into the night sky, lost in his own world. 

This left Jennette to sit in silence, with only her thoughts as company. 

Just as a the silence got unbearable, the carriage jolted to a halt. 'Thank god.' she thought to herself. 

Excitedly, Jennette didn't wait for either Ijekiel or the duke to help her out of the carriage, instead hopping out on her own. She marveled at the sight in front of her. 

The main palace was intricate and grand. It was something she could look at forever

It was almost as if the duke heard her thoughts, and he quickly placed his hand on her lower back and ushered her forward. "This sight will soon be an everyday occurrence for you, Jennette. We mustn't waste time." 

Jennette nodded. He was right!  Once she was accepted by Claude she would see this palace everyday. Just the thought of it caused her to smile. 

The brunette quickened her pace in excitement. 

The banquet hall was just as depicted in the novel. Arched ceilings, crystal candlers, red banisters, and a assortment of nobles. She even spotted Athanasia's future friends! But no matter how much Jennette wanted to join them, she did as she was instructed: Lay low until after the first dance. 

Nither Claude or Athanasia had arrived by the looks of it, so she settled for waiting behind a beam in the corner of the banquet hall, drink and plate in hand. 'I love cake and cake loves me~' She thought as she began to eat.

"NOW ENTERING, HIS MAJESTY CLAUDE DE ALGER OBELIA AND HER HIGHNESS, PRINCESS ATHANASIA DE ALGER OBELIA"

Jennette nearly choked on her cake in response to the booming announcement. 'They're here!' She excitedly watched the two blonde forms. "They're so beautiful." She whispered to herself, watching as they began the first dance. Another thought followed right after. 'They look good together..'

Jennette's biggest flaw, jealousy, began to bubble up as she watched how Claude's eyes never left his daughter's form as she danced. They looked so happy together, so it was only natural for her to want the same for herself.

She was quickly snapped out f her thoughts as Ijekiel tapped her shoulder. He motioned for her to be quiet by placing a hand on his lips and merely pointed to something in the distance. 

The brunette realized that while she was spewing, the first dance had ended as Claude had made his way back to the throne; Athanasia was no where to be seen. 

Like a viper, the duke began to move in, spurring the pair to do the same. 

Soon, Jennette, Ijekiel, and Roger were bowing before the emperor. "On this momentous day, I would like to present to the royal family one more blessed gift...."

"Your majesty, I present to you your first daughter, Jennette de alger Obelia"