Chapter 25: Only the Begining

"Dinner is at 6:00 pm, don't be late."

What?

*************

Jennette spend the next few hours in a daze.

Claude's sudden declaration shocked them all, but her maids were even happier than Jennette herself when they snapped out of it.

"Princess Jennette is so loved." Rose gushed, brushing her hair. The trio of maids had started preparing Jennette hours before six, but the princess knew that it was just because they cared. "I agree. I was worried wether or not our lovely Princess would be accepted, but it seems I was worried for nothing!" Laura agreed, Mary nodding along with a sense of satisfaction.

The three maids had told everyone they could meet, and Jennette was sure that world of mouth would soon reach the Emerald palace. Thus, it would soon reach Athanasia. Just the thought of the blonde haired girl stewing in anger whilst unable to do anything put a smile on her face.

As the three maid finished their final touches, Jennette took a moment to admire herself in the mirror. Her hair was cutely pulled into two ponytail, and her dress was a light lavender shade with a floral print. It had a tiny amount of white lace, and only one bow in the abdomen region.

If anyone saw her, no matter how they tried they'd be unable to say that she was frivolous. If Jennette was lucky, they'd compare her to Athanasia in the process. Practically the whole palace knew about the younger princess' love for beautiful and lavish gowns.

Jennette decided that now was a good time to depart, and leisurely made her way through the imperial grounds towards the garnet palace. Unexpectedly, when the princess arrived to the Emperor's palace her feet were surprisingly sore. 'Another thing to add to my list of guilt tripping ideas. How could you call me to your palace when the Ruby palace is so far? I doesn't even have any carriages!' She thought angrily, slightly puffing.

"Princess, go go!" Laura urged. "His majesty might throw a fit if your any later!" She warned.

Jennette smiled as she entered a large dining room. She bounded up to Claude, daring to give him a slight peck on the cheek before settling next to him.

"You're late." Claude noted. Nearly undetectable, he slightly nodded his head towards a servant in the corner, and chefs came pouring in, each holding a different platter.

The brunette pursed her lips. "Sorry, Daddy. The walk here was extra long since it's almost dark out." She said, giving him a pointed look. She shook her head slowly, and eyed the plates in front of her. 'Gosh, even the cutlery is better here.' The princess realized, noticing the golden tableware.

Claude hummed. "Are there no carriages?" He asked, thinking about what you younger girl said to him. "Nevermind that, your stay in the Ruby palace was only meant to be temporary." He said, shocking the brunette. "Your room in the Emerald palace is being prepared." He informed.

Jennette's eyes widened comically. "Really?!" She asked, suddenly beaming. The princess rose from her seat, throwing her arms around the Emperor. "Thank you thank you thank your! Your the best daddy!" She gushed

Jennette couldn't help her extreme reaction. She knew it was only a matter of time before Claude would crack. Soon, the snowball effect would take place, and everything she deserves would fall in line.

This was only the beginning.