Chapter 16: Fighting Dirty

"It's such a shame, we could have been the best of friends. But because of you, we'll be left to wonder what could have been. You'll find in due time...."

"...that that regret making an enemy of me."
*************

Later that night, Jennette planned.

If she couldn't do things the nice way, then so be it.

Night had already fallen. When Jennette had returned, stomping up to her maids and ordering them to leave for the ruby palace at once, they knew better than to question her. Later, however, she started prodding with inquiring questions. The princess had told them that she'd summon them later to explain just what exactly had happened.

With Draco by her side, she did just that. Jennette carefully rang her bell, and specifically requested Rose, Laura, and Mary to attend to her for the night.

"Blessings and glory, Princess Jennette." The three maids greeted in unison. Jennette merely smiled. "Now now, there's no need for that." She excused, motioning with her hand for them ro quickly rise.

Once they did, their attention zero'ed in on the other presence in the room. "P-Princess!" Rose shrieked. "A man in the princess' room!" She appeared to be horrified by the very thought. Jennette had forgotten just how traditional some of the views in this world were. Draco merely rolled his eyes.

Jennette fought back an amused smirk, trying her best for her face to stay calm and stoic. "Don't mind him" She said waving her hand dismissively. Draco was irrelevant compared to the topic at hand. "Before I tell you what exactly happenend between me and.....Athy, I have one question to ask of you." The princes leaned forward, her jeweled eyes beginning to glow.

Laura gulped. Mary's palms were sweaty, and Rose started fidgeting.

"Are you loyal to me?"

Her voice had an... odd echo to it. It left an uneasy felling. The three maids felt compelled to respond, almost as if they were in a trance.

"Yes" They coursed.

"And you'll never betray me?"

The glow in Jennette's eyes grew brighter, and the maids could begin to feel their minds go hazy. Nevertheless, the trio responded once more; almost as if they were under.....a spell. "Yes."

"You will obey me?"

Perhaps at some point one of the tree maids tried to fight off the Princess' influence, but it was far too late. In the back of their minds, they could he the indistinguishable sound of Draco cackling.

"...Yes"

And their fate was sealed.

Gradually, the glow in Jennette's jeweled eyes faded, and the maids slowly began to regain whit will, blinking in confusion. What had happened? Since when were they in the princess' room? Who was that man? So many questions, but none answered.

Jennette leaned forward, her signure smile returning onto her face. "I have a request for you three!" She chirped, pulling out a large coin pouch. "It's nothing special, really~" The princess continued on. "I need two items. One belonging to the emperor, and the other belonging to Felix Robain. Think of it as a game; who ever brings me what I want wins!" She tossed up the coin poush, and caught it in her other hand. "And this is your prize."

"Yes, Princess."

Perhaps she was evil, perhaps she was cruel, but in the moment, Jennette self nothing more than satisfaction. As she wathed her new lackies scurry out of her room and off to complete their task, a smirk formed across her face.

As time passed, and the Items belonging to Claude and Felix stood before her, she turned to Draco. "Remind me why you need one of my father's belongings?" She asked.

The demon merely smirked. "With this, Ill be able to successfully track Claude's every move."

"What a coincidence it'll be when you suddenly appear wherever he is"