Chapter 10: Percival the Human

Percival sat bound to a table, medical instruments laid out on a table to his side. The room was only dimly lit, but on the ceiling, he could make out the shapes of metal arms with various things, from drills, scalpels, mirrors, to nozzles, and even an axe meant to swing like a pendulum. In front of him was a yellow gem, and it didn't look too pleased.

"What is your name?" it asked

"Fuck. You." Percival replied.

"Occupation on earth?"

"Kiss my ass."

"Relation to the stars?"

"Excuse me?"

The gem stopped, looking at the man with a bit of pity.

"Your charts show that you're clearly nothing like the other species we've logged. So, what is your relation to the stars?"

"I'm a human being, that's it"

The yellow being scoffed, pulling up his physical analysis data.

"Your blood samples show fibroblasts far evolved past other humans, your muscle tissue is far denser than even creatures on Nova 6, you even give off a strong energy signature on most ESS." The yellow gem closed the screen, leaning in closer to Percival's face. "What. Are. You?"

"A human." Percival growled back, a small shock running through his body. "Why do you care?"

"I believe we're done here." The Gem huffed as she left the room, locking the door behind her.

Percival continued to struggle against his restraints, being to no avail. He struggled with all his might, but could not break the bindings that held him tight. He was alone once again. The door may be locked, but it wasn't soundproof, as he heard more gem voices.

"You're back?"

"Yeah, it's been a while, freed by a Steven and two human boys."

Percival's interest was piqued at the "Two Human Boys" bit.

"The point?"

"They're with the Crystal Gems"

"They're still on Earth?"

"Yeah."

"That rock hasn't blown up yet?"

"Not while the Crystal Gems are there...They've managed to convince human beings to join them."

"They must be something if Rose Quartz was impressed by them."

"Send a recon ship down to check on the Cluster, and make sure those humans have no relation to the one we have here."

Percival had just a bit of hope. A bit of hope the "human boys" were his sons. It was a long shot, considering they were most likely dead, but he had to check...but first he had to get out of these chains...

A few minutes later a blond girl snuck into the room, slipping through the door silently. Her strange appendages floated away from her hands, glowing in the low light.

"E-excuse me?" She looked around, Percy could sense that she meant no harm.

"I need some information from you." She stammered "C-can you tell me what a family is?"

"What?"

"A family...I just heard about it, and...What is a family?" The girl asked. Percival thought for a moment before explaining, knowing the term was foreign to her.

"A family is the people who love you with all their heart. People who still care about you, no matter how upset they get with you. People who will never abandon you. People who you always love, no matter how mad they make you. People you never abandon.
People who will fight and die for you, and the people who you want to prosper..." he explained, thinking of his life back home with his wife and sons. A single tear formed in his eye, knowing he failed them.