Chapter 13: Ambush!

It's been about a week since Percival and his adoptive daughter Lily hijacked a roaming eye, and their course hasn't seen much action since they took off, and Lily was rather excited to meet her brothers and mother.

"We won't have to wait too long," Lily said "We should be approaching earth in about, two solar rotations."

"So, Two years?" Percy asked

"If that's how you see it..." she replied. It seemed like a long time, but she was hopeful she would be able to see them in a reasonable time frame, not knowing what "Years" meant.

However, that question didn't have much time to linger in her mind as the ship began to rumble. Percy took Lily in her arms, using his large body as a shield as parts of the ceiling began to come loose. The sound of parts coming loose, machinery going haywire, earthquakes, and more was too loud, deafening even for the two.

They thought it was going to be the end for them, but it finally subsided. The two let go but were ambushed and knocked unconscious.

* * *

Meanwhile...

Lardna held the tiny prisoner close, stroking her hair with her thumb. Kalinka struggled in her grip, but Lardna didn't seem to budge. The dark goddess squeezed Kalinka, using her magic to check on the light child.

"hmm, that light creature seems to be making great strides." Lardna smiled, feeling Kalinka's hatred grow.

"Keep your hands off of him!" Kalinka squirmed "He is only a child."

"Hush!" Lardna's voice boomed, her grip growing tighter as she sucked more energy from Kalinka's body. "This is getting interesting."

Kalinka coughed, feeling darkness overtaking her form. She had to hold out, she needed to see her child again, she-...

Meanwhile, At Beach City, Robert took weekly classes with Arya to help him control and strengthen his psychic power; meanwhile, Michael worked out, hoping to make himself stronger in case Dark Aqua was telling the truth.

Meanwhile, Steven was telling the Crystal Gems about Dark Aqua and her warning.

"Dark Aqua?" Amethyst looked back to her comrades "Do- you guys know anything about this?"

"Please, Dark Gems are an old myth." Pearl rolled her eyes "You two probably got the creature confused with something else."

"Witches were thought to be a myth, yet you shooed them without hesitation." Emerald tapped her foot, feeling something was close. "They were warning us about shadow creatures, and did this creature hurt you?"

"No," Steven replied simply. "But she was going on and on about how Robert, Michael, and I were part of this prophecy."

"You mean the Light prophecy?" Pearl replied. "Again: Another myth, used to give Homeworld gems a laugh."

"To be fair, how many humans do you know that can read minds or lift a couch with one hand and not strain themselves?" Emerald asked. "Or read minds? Or--"

Greg burst through the door, "Guys, you're gonna wanna see this." he said, pointing at the sky.

Emerald ran out the door, the gems following behind. "What the-"

A completely black hurricane hovered overhead, growls and moans coming from the storm.

"We should have listened to the witches," Amethyst muttered

"It's probably a corrupted gem." Pearl pinched her temple "I'll try to circle it while Garnet keeps it distracted, Amethyst you-"

The hurricane rained black goo, eyes, and teeth forming in the shapeless masses that now littered the beach.

"I'd hate to say it, but I think Robert and Michael are gonna be needed here," Pearl replied.

"Hell yeah!" Michael shouted from inside the house, getting him and his brother ready for the fight.

Robert looked rather nervous, but Michael was itching to punch these shapeless masses. Robert grabbed a metal pole and headed out with Michael, making short work of the monsters with their swings and punches. Robert swung wildly, with next to no coordination, trying to use his psychic power to assist him, but getting headaches as a result, albeit none that would make him buckle.

Steven pushed past the Gems and summoned his shield. He's been practicing a new trick, and figured now would be the best time to implement it.

In one throw, his shield hit one of the monsters square in the face. That part was the easy part, what was tougher was making the shield ricochet and hit another. Thankfully, it did, making both monsters explode in a puddle of goop, as the shield went to hit another.

The Crystal Gems aided in this effort, as Pearl took out rows with her spear, making sure she didn't snipe Steven's shield or vice versa.

They soon realized those were the easy ones when even more managed to come out, looking tougher than before.

Our heroes held their own for a while but were soon getting exhausted.

However, just when all seemed lost, the tornado, and by extension the monsters, were pierced by a flash of light, as they dissipated into nothing.

However... when they looked up, they realized they were far from out of the woods, as they saw a Gem Warship hovering over them. The door opened, but instead of any Homeworld gems, a large, burly man and a small girl with strange clothes and gear.

"Dad!" Robert and Michael shouted in unison, about to rush him. That is until they were yanked back, as a large, orange, muscular gem, and a smaller green one stepped out in their place.

"This is the remains of the rebellion?" Jasper asked, seeing the sad display before her. "A couple of organics and, those?"

"LY? How did you get out?" Peridot stood over the small hybrid, grabbing her by the collar. Her arm ray charging "Shut your eyes, this will be quick."

She fired a yellow beam, causing LY to flail before falling unconscious. She let out a faint scream before going under.

"Just blast the rest of them with the ship," Peridot said, taking the stunned LY to her prison cell.

Jasper smiled, charging up the beam with pleasure.

"Steven! Get behind me!" Garnet shouted, trying to hide Steven. But he wouldn't go down that easily. The beam charged up, Steven struggled to stay behind. Just before the beam went off, Steven jumped in front of the gems and managed to summon his shield just in the nick of time.

Jasper expected to see three human corpses surrounded by five gems, but to her surprise, she found something she never anticipated seeing on this mission: Rose Quartz's shield, protecting the group.

Jasper stood with her eyes wide for a moment, then stepped towards who she knew to be Rose Quartz. A twisted grin appeared on Jasper's face, Steven frozen in fear as his shield dropped.

"Couldn't hide forever, could you, Rose Quartz?" She taunted. "I've waited far too long for this!"

Jasper's wicked grin and her helmet were the last things Steven saw before losing consiousness.

emeraldacrystalgem34
Craftfury
XImmortal_StevenX
Superplushman