1: Introduction to the New World

Here's some background information.

I’m the guy who lost all his sisters, traveled the world, entered Danganronpa, and miraculously survived the killing game.
Yeah, the name’s Rantaro Amami.
Now, I’m working with some highschool friends in a cafe.

Sounds pretty dumb to be working in a cafe, but what do you think I’m supposed to do with 10 million dollars at 17?
Travel the world again? No thanks, I’d just live my life peacefully for now.
Or..so I thought.

There are other things in this weird, new, world.
Firstly, book diseases can become real.
Like the sewed mouth thing where you keep quiet about your problems too much it shuts you up for good, or the cliche hanahaki disease.
Secondly, there is always a side table near your bed where your soulmate sends you letters.

Yeah, we have soulmates too, but not the red string kind.
You send letters, receive letters, and lose your soulmate too.
Whenever you wrote your name, it would block it out.
I know this for sure after Ryoma Hoshi’s girlfriend and Tenko Chabashira’s boyfriend died.
Poor them, they never got over it.

After I joined the last season of Danganronpa at 14, the last two years after I got out were calm and peaceful, despite all the wandering fangirl-boys.
When I hit 17 though, everything changed.

Ever since I got my actual side table, I wrote tiny notes to see if it would disappear.
When it did disappear I never saw them again.
I always thought it would come back, but it never came back.
That all changed soon enough.

Explanation
(When you are over 13, you get a side table. If you put anything inside of it, it would disappear and go to your soulmate. You can write letters to them and find your soulmate like that. Though if your soulmate dies, the side table would become dormant until a new possible soulmate was found. And whenever you try to write your name on the letters, it would block it out.) -Anni