9: A Reason Exposed

While I was putting away my stuff I spotted Korekiyo. He looked at me with a death glare, and I quickly stopped staring.

While in our last classes, I could feel someone staring at me. 

'It's okay Rantaro! It's nothing at all.' I kept repeating during the last two classes. 

The assumption wouldn't go away though. It felt menacing and creepy. 

Kaede shook me back to reality while we walked to the cafe. "Taro? You okay?"

She worriedly asked me. I smiled and told her I was, she didn't buy it. 

"Come on Rantaro! Tell me what's wrong. Please?? I still owe you something, so if I can help then I'll do it!" Kaede insisted. 

I sighed and told her everything. She gasped a few times and listened to my problem.

"Kiyo did this?" She said, "Not surprised really. He's always mean to others. You better stay away." She scoffed. 

"Especially you, Taro." Kaito said. 

We both jumped when we heard Kaito. "What?" I said, confused. 

"Yeah, the guy HATES popular people." 

Hate me? Who would hate me? I'm very lovable..

right?  

"Thinks they're snobby and annoying," Kaito continued. 

Snobby? Annoying? No wonder why he ran off like that. 

"How do you know this, Kai Kai?" Kaede timidly asked.

Kaito looked at Kaede then back to me. 

"Well..I'm his friend!"